Colin Update 11/16/08

97 Warriors team photo
What a GREAT day! Colin and I arrived at Winterhurst around 9:40 am. We were early enough to greet friends and see his brother, Brendan, take his Bantam 1 team pictures. At 10:10 it was time for the ’97 Cleveland Warriors to take their pictures. Colin chose to sit on the bench, rather than in his wheelchair for the team picture. I think he impressed everyone by walking (with assistance) to the bench. While we were waiting for the games to begin we ran into many friends that were happy to see Colin. We received many hugs and kisses and Colin got lots of high fives. Joe, our Winterhurst Hockey Association President, gave Colin St. Ignatius #14 Hockey Jerseys – home and away. Wow! Thank you Joe, and please give our thanks to the coach at Ignatius.The Bantams and the ‘97s coincidentally were playing at the same time - lucky for us. Paul rolled Colin back and forth between the two ice rinks to watch Brendan play and Colin’s team play. Both were exciting games to watch. Brendan’s team won 4 to 2, and Colin’s team tied in the last period, 1 to 1.After the game Colin was treated to a real surprise by his team. He was presented with a USA Hockey Jersey signed by Mike Eruzioni from the Miracle Team of the 1980 Olympics. It reads, “Colin, Always believe – All my best, Mike Eruzioni 80/Gold”. What a priceless memento. I must thank the Valerian family for thinking of Colin, and acquiring such an awesome gift for my son. Beth has shared with me that they have friends in Canada praying for Colin. I am moved to tears.Lunch plans were changed. With Colin’s permission we joined his team at the Lakewood Winking Lizard instead of going to Fridays. We had a wonderful time. Colin sat with his teammates. They helped him order his food and drink. They talked with him and kept him smiling – at least every time I looked over he was smiling. The team couldn’t stay too long. Another game needed to be played. Colin wanted to spend a little time at home so we chose not to attend the second game. I hope they did well.At home, Colin relaxed on the couch and watched a movie with the family. Well, except for Kevin. He was due for a nap, so that’s where he went. Brendan gave Colin an embroidered Boy Scout uniform sash signed by members in his troop. How cool! I thought Colin might choose to stay late at the house and maybe even eat dinner at home, but I was wrong. By 4:30 he was asking to go back to the hospital. I think he feels safe there. We loaded things back into the van, said our goodbyes to the family, and off we went.Colin wasn’t very hungry for dinner; he just poked at it and only ate a few bites. I think he ate too much for lunch. I helped him do some vocabulary homework and we played a little Uno. Then he relaxed in bed in front of the TV until he fell asleep. Long day – it tired him out.Freetime 11-17 through 11-21 Monday: 12:00-1:00; 2:00-3:00; 4:00-8:30 Tuesday: 12:00-3:00; 4:00-8:30 Wednesday: 12:00-1:00; 2:00-8:30 Thursday: 12:00-3:00; 6:30-8:30 Friday: 12:00-1:00; 2:00-3:00; 4:00-8:30
Read More on Colin Teets UpDate
Volume 0, Issue 0, Posted 9:28 PM, 11.17.2008