Some prime gardening space just south of South Marginal

Please join the LEAF Community Group (Groups button) to post in this forum.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Slife

Stephen Eisel

Some prime gardening space just south of South Marginal

Postby Stephen Eisel » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:58 pm

I live on Hilliard near Riverside. There is a small field near my house that is just waiting for a community garden (next spring). The field is just south of South Marginal Road, west of Niagra, and North of Lakewood Heights. Does anyone know, who at city hall, I could talk too about turning a portion of this open empty space into a community garden?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.47129 ... &hl=en&t=h

Jeff Endress

Postby Jeff Endress » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:24 am

Stephen

If it's the spot I think it is, that property is owned by the State of Ohio. Not sure if the city has control over it, but they might be able to facilitate permission.

Jeff

To wander this country and this world looking for the best barbecue â€â€
Stephen Eisel

Postby Stephen Eisel » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am

Jeff Endress wrote:Stephen

If it's the spot I think it is, that property is owned by the State of Ohio. Not sure if the city has control over it, but they might be able to facilitate permission.

Jeff
I think that the city does maintain the area. I know that they are constantly pumping water out of the old basements (when it use to rain around here :) ).. You are correct.. It would make sense that the state would own the property.. Would you possibly know who I could or should conact at City Hall to facilitate permission? Thank you so much!

Chris Trapp

Postby Chris Trapp » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:02 am

Hi Stephen,
Members of the Lakewood Earth And Food (LEAF) Community have made inquiries into the plots of land along I-90 that you mention. I am not positive about the particular spot you are speaking of, but I believe Jeff is correct. We were looking at a similar spot north of I-90 that is owned by ODOT.
If you want to give me a call, I'd be interested in talking about it with you.
440-623-4200
Chris Trapp

Stephen Eisel

Postby Stephen Eisel » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:16 pm

I have started cutting my dead flower heads off and scattering them along the guard rails near the highway.

Return to “LEAF (Lakewood Earth & Food Community)”