Plover meeting/ watering assignments

Please join the LEAF Community Group (Groups button) to post in this forum.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Slife

Lynn Rodemann

Plover meeting/ watering assignments

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Wed May 23, 2007 7:49 am

HELLO... I am trying to get a meeting together for The Plover gardens before I have this baby... I need to know what time is good for everyone next week? I also was going to post alittle bit of and update and or a out cry about the garden..

OK here are some topics..

-the ground hog.. is eating things I need someone to order fox urine or gather it.. hahah themselves. so we can scare him aways with out having to trap him... or have no veggies. Amy went and bought some more tomato plants and cucumbers to replace the cold eat-in ones. thank you AMY. we still need to replace some melon and pumpkins... if anyone comes across them... please pick them up.. thanks

-watering .. this is who is watering when.. Dan has Mon. and wen. I have Tuesdays.. Karlyn has Thursdays.. Tom is doing Fridays and sometimes Sat. Amy is doing some Sat. and every Sunday. to make every ones life easier Dan used his brain and got some sprinklers that are able to be linked together so we can sit and water.. I had to move them 2 times.. and that's pretty awesome. they are hidden behind the right side of the straw in the back along the fence. use them but hide them.. because they are expensive and the will disappear

-we need someone to go and pick up the free compost from Suzy
-we need someone to weed wack all of the over grown in between the beds
-Karlyn found some cinder block we can have... awesome we need to pick it up and use it.

questions? need some help? have something to add? call me or email me and tell me when we can meet next week..

~~i belive in something but i dont know what it is.... its either the future or the end.... its every reason that i do or dont get out of bed
Karlyn Green

plova

Postby Karlyn Green » Wed May 23, 2007 6:00 pm

I can do any night next week. and... I can pick up compost this weekend if me boss maybe lets me use a truck?

and.... wasn't dan going to harvest that urine?

*KG*
Lynn Rodemann

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Thu May 24, 2007 8:25 am

Karlyn here is Suzy's number and info about the compost...
suzy 440-823-4386 she said that it can be picked up either during the week after 3pm... until when I'm not sure.. or on sat mornings.. ?? I don't know you can call her and get more of the details... you might need a friend to help you.. that shit is heavy... and its bagged so you might have to load it by hand.
halla at ya girl
Lynn

~~i belive in something but i dont know what it is.... its either the future or the end.... its every reason that i do or dont get out of bed
Dan Slife

Postby Dan Slife » Thu May 24, 2007 2:36 pm

1. will harvest the urine (i.e. will buy at Gales for 17.99)

2. thursday, saturday and sunday are good for me

3. Karlyn, let me know if you need help picking up the industrial agri-waste

4. halla

5. I need somebody to water for me on 6/4, 6/6 and 6/11.. I'll be out of town. Let me know if you're interested.

Dan Slife
Karlyn Green

fox urine

Postby Karlyn Green » Thu May 24, 2007 7:36 pm

18 bucks for a bucket o' urine these days eh?

things just aint quite the same as they used to be.

----- Dan, yes. help would be sweet, in fact perhaps we can get compost and the cinder blocks??? Would u be up for it? I will call Suzi tomorrow to get the datails. And, I can water for ya.

I spoke with mike and Chris(not trapp, the other chris) today and both of them are interested in meeting next week but don't have the internet currently. I think they are open to times. so lets just pick a day and I will be the informer.

think thats it.

*KG*
Lynn Rodemann

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Fri May 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Halla!
I love you guys!

Any of those days are fine with me.. because you know.. I'm on the beach for the next 5 weeks. Tom has asked for no week nights... but if it is on the weekend he might be able to come. hopefully he sees this and lets us know... he said that he could do it on the holiday.. Amy said any day but Thurs. I have yet to hear from Keiley.. Karlyn.. please.. talk to Mike and Chris see what they say maybe Sat. before lunch? Dan show us your muscles and lets see you take it from a real Fox.. bfhhh.. Gales..
Lynn

Dan Slife

Postby Dan Slife » Tue May 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Karlyn,

I'm free to move cinder/bags anytime Wednesday or Thursday. After that, I won't be able to help until the 10th or later. Monday 6/11 is not good.... LSAT.

Can you water on Monday 6/4?

Amy will be able to cover Wednesday 6/6

All,

Both the Fox urine and the sprinklers that Lynn mentioned above are up at the Plover Patch. The urine dispensers will be good for 30 days before refilling is necessary.

The sprinklers are behing the hay stacks. You can link them in series. If you play with the positioning and adjust the distance(nob on top), you will be able to water our entire section without moving them.

Make sure you don't soak the neighbor's house.

Think about tools and general supplies that we will need and do not already have. Lynn will make a list at the meeting.

Dan Slife
Karlyn Green

Postby Karlyn Green » Wed May 30, 2007 6:07 am

i can water monday. and I will ask Chris about using his truck thursday for cinder blocks and perhaps compost. i will call suzy again today.

*KG*

Return to “LEAF (Lakewood Earth & Food Community)”