Did you lose a dog today?

Lost pets, shelter news, pets for adoption, pet care.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Catherine Butler

Missy Limkemann

Did you lose a dog today?

Postby Missy Limkemann » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Today, while going to my family's house, I came across a small, yet chubby, black dog running on Franklin Blvd. (sort of by Franklin School) While calling the warden, who was closed, I called the non-emergency police line. Again I was told by the dispatcher that there was no help and I had to either keep the dog or let it go. Sure let me just let a dog go in the middle of Franklin Blvd because there are no speeding cars or anything. :roll: Thankfully one of my vets was open today, as they are every single day and they do have the dog. This poor baby threw up on me, peed on me and then pooped all over me. He had ice on his belly and seriously sank in to me in the warm car. He is at Westpark Animal Hospital. He did not have a current county tag on so there was no way for me to get any information. He is warm, safe and being fed. I will pick him up Monday morning and try to find his owners. (i get it being a holiday and all, but seriously I am still working today, taking care of dogs, cats and such, why can't there be a warden who can pick this up, or at least a police man who can throw the dog in the back of the car and drive it to the shelter? i know many other cities that have police officers do this and wardens on call all the time.)

Time is precious, waste is wisely
Missy Limkemann

Re: Did you lose a dog today?

Postby Missy Limkemann » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:10 pm

This baby has been reunited with his family. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still so upset that I was told to let the dog go. Seriously?!?!?!

Time is precious, waste is wisely

Return to “Lakewood Pet Talk & More”