Final Thoughts on Membership Dues

BikeLakewood Virtual Meeting Room

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Amy Delp

Postby Amy Delp » Wed May 02, 2007 9:22 pm

I agree with the thoughts behind low cost, I believe the fee schedule is reasonable, and that we move forward with those numbers.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Thu May 03, 2007 2:20 am

Tim-- the membership fee sounds reasonable, especially if it is comparable to other organizations. And, true it can be changed next year.

In terms of the political activity I think we can view ourselves and be seen as a civic group as opposed to a special interest group. By that I mean we are more like the soccer association or pocket garden group. With that image we will be less of a threat so to speak and less likely to cause any opposition to requests.

Also, a good way to make sure our interests are always on the table is for members to participate in a campaign of their choice. For instance, Deneen and I are involved with Tom Bullock's campaign in order to put excruciatingly, unbearable pressure on him to implement BikeLakewood's Agenda (when we get one).

But seriously, most candidates know that their volunteers usually wear several civic hats and adding BikeLakewood to that just makes for an easier time when it comes to getting responses.

Stan

Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Thu May 03, 2007 9:04 am

Stan, re: our status as a civic group, your thoughts are well-reasoned, as usual.

Late Tuesday I sent Annie a draft of a membership application, she had offered a friend to polish it. Yesterday morning I sent the text of a membership flyer and a photo to her. Michael Gill reviewed and helped with the text.

Annie wrote up a "why biking is good for the Earth" piece that I'm having one of my guys finish up.

And this afternoon I'll be working on the web site, making it membership-ready. We may not be ready with PayPal yet but folks will be able to download what they need to join by mail.

Michael Gill, I need to pick up your pop-up tent. It will be a great day weather-wise but we need it for the banner, if nothing else.

We're in pretty good shape I think. We'll look good. We need to get an event going ASAP....

Return to “BikeLakewood”