Free phone equipment

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Will Brown

Free phone equipment

Postby Will Brown » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:17 pm

We have switched to cell phones, so I have all the equipment for our land lines in a box that I am going to get rid of somehow.

This includes three or four phones of varying vintage, an answering machine, a ringer (rings a loud bell when a call comes in) many manuals and miscellaneous wires. I think it all works, but some of it was spares, so I can't verify it all works.

If someone wants this, pm me. After a few days, if no one wants it, I will take it to the refuse facility.

Incidentally, we get far fewer telemarketing and survey calls on the cell phones, even though one of them uses my old land line number. But it was nice to have land line extensions through the house so if I answered down the basement, my wife could take the call upstairs. On the other hand, the problem with my wife hogtying herself with the cord while talking on the phone and wandering is fully resolved.

Society in every state is a blessing, but the Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil...
Jim DeVito

Re: Free phone equipment

Postby Jim DeVito » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:43 am

You would not happen to have a ma bell style pay phone would you? ;-)

Will Brown

Postby Will Brown » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:59 am

No. I suspect one of those would be a valued antique.

Society in every state is a blessing, but the Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil...
Jim DeVito

Postby Jim DeVito » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Will Brown wrote:No. I suspect one of those would be a valued antique.

You would think so. However I have head of warehouses full of them. After the telcos removed thousands from service. They were bought up by scrappers, from what I understand some of them held on to them in order to find a resale market.

Just thought i'd ask. Thanks!!

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”