Sandusky Proves Lakewood Council Lightweights

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Sandusky Proves Lakewood Council Lightweights

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Certainly we can serve more alcohol! We are deep in a war with other "Destinations" on Ohio's Northcoast.

Over the past year we have seen many food places become bars. Many partial license alcohol places become full license places. We have watch as council continuously awards more and more public city streets and walks to bars and restaurants. We have watched in awe as occupancy for bars and restaurants indoors and out have been thrown out the window. If you can fit, get on in here, if not we have the sidewalk, parking lots and even streets for your drinking, eating and partying flavor.

But they are lightweights compared to the City of Sandusky, now there is a truly progressive community. While they help businesses, they also help residents. Something Lakewood City Council should think about now and then, not just in election years.

With that I give you Party and Club Homes, in residential homes in residential neighborhoods!

The party/bar clubs-homes are designated with Sandusy Way-Finding in their front yard.

Pretty cool huh? How are we going to convince them to come to Lakewood, when Sandusky has this and Cedar Point!

Then, they get you in, get you drink, then confuse you with their inaccurate way-finding (something we already enjoy)

Next step get rid of that pesky lawn, put in concrete!

Imagine a bar or 3 on every street! Residents making serious cash. Cut down on drunk driving with bars every 100'.

Pointing east, I take it personally.

They are also pretty progressive on window treatments and...

... public art.

If you are a council person running for re-election do not even bother coming to my door unless you give the my house same license as you gave everyone in this town.

Let's party!

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Sandusky Proves Lakewood Council Lighweights

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:51 pm

Spoke with a friend, that might have known someone connected with distribution business and she thinks if we could double our intake of liquor and beer we could possibly entice a distributorship or two to move here.

Now we are talking jobs too.

Just saying.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”