LO_17_10 - Online And On The Streets - Good News!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_17_10 - Online And On The Streets - Good News!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed May 19, 2021 9:01 am

As we get ready for Memorial Day the unofficial beginning of summer, we look back on a terrible year, that it would seem is coming to an end, or a head. The governments have relaxed mask mandates because of the number of people that have gotten vaccinated, and the immunity of those that have been vaccinated. Zero hospitalizations, and nearly no spread from those vaccinated. So now, those who have not should get vaccinated, or will build immunity when they get it. Those are the choices left.

Into this world we drop Lakewood Observer Volume 17, Issue 10. Filled with good news about the Police and Fire Departments. Good news about parks and recreation. Good news about schools, and summer. And great news about Lakewood’s various non-profits that are all getting back to where they were a year and a half ago.

Lakewood Police and Fire recognized for their quick and excellent service. All perps involved in the shootings have been rounded up and taken off the street. And the city settles back to a feeling of normal.

Thank you to all Lakewoodites who took the time to stop and think.

This summer spend less time on social media and much more time living life. This means the Observer website too.

Go have fun!

For Your Viewing Pleasure...

You can pick one up at over 100 locations in and around Lakewood, or download it here:
http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_17_Issue_10.pdf

peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Mark Kindt

Re: LO_17_10 - Online And On The Streets - Good News!

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed May 19, 2021 9:50 am

On page two, I was surprised to read that there will be additional water/sewer fees on top of the 5-year doubling of water/sewer fees previously enacted by counsel and discussed on the Deck at the time of enactment.

I will look forward to intelligent clarification of whether the previously doubling of water/sewer fees will be meaningfully mitigated by the new "one-time" federal funding discussed in the article.

A "virtual" meeting will be held.

I compliment Mayor George with being transparent on the $274,000,000 cost that the City faces for this EPA mandate.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”