LO_17_09 - On The Streets - Good news!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_17_09 - On The Streets - Good news!

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed May 05, 2021 8:29 am

Once again violence erupts in Lakewood. Once again Lakewood police respond quickly and efficiently, everything from arriving at the scene to hunt for the perp, to captures. Make no mistake about it, like the other high profile crimes this year, this could have happened anywhere, however they all ended in Lakewood, thanks to our police department.

The latest violent story seems to have started with an argument and more between a woman and her boyfriend. Police arrived shortly after midnight the day of the shooting to make sure the couple stayed apart. After the woman left she was seen driving around the area. While no one knows what transpired over the the next 8 hours, it would seem that some of her family members returned to the apartment, confronted the man and shot him in the head. We can all speculate why, but the story is really not that different from the Madison Park shooting. People who know each other's tempers flare and someone has a gun. A true American tragedy.

This does not mean crime is out of control in Lakewood, far from it. It would seem that Lakewood Police responds to events like these as well as anyone can expect. None of the five new safety groups in Lakewood have answers to any of these crimes, after all there are no answers.

What Lakewoodites must do is continue to use our streets, front porches, restaurants, bars, etc. The easiest and best way to keep a city safe is by keeping people on the streets. We have been through this before; if we keep our heads, we get through it.

I would like to thank everyone for their help on this latest issue of the Lakewood Observer. It is always a blast working with our regulars, and the newbies, as we help them get their thoughts, their stories and images out into both the public, and into the history book. Lakewood Observer-- keeping a running history of the city we love to call home, Lakewood.

With that I present Volume 17, Issue 9.

Available at over 100 locations around town, and here online.

http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_17_Issue_09.pdf

Peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”