Lakewoodite Gary Thomas Opens Gallery With Art From ex-Lakewoodite Roger Golling

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Lakewoodite Gary Thomas Opens Gallery With Art From ex-Lakewoodite Roger Golling

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:04 am

Tonight longtime Lakewoodite Gary Thomas, aka Ohio City Pasta, is turning his old location into a new art gallery called "60 Bowls Gallery" at 3125 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, OH 44113.

The opening tonight 3.24.23 and tomorrow 3.25.23 between the hours of 5pm and 9pm.

Featured artists for this event is another longtime friend and ex-Lakewoodite Roger Von Golling.

Many Lakewoodites will remember Roger from the many parties and events he would attend in the 70s and 80s, and for the art he created. Most notably, many covers and posters for Lakewood, "Lucky Pierre" fronted by Lakewood native Kevin McMahon.

Rogers work is flowing, perhaps coming from his need to work it out through a piece of paper.
I would encourage everyone to stop by and check it out.

Good luck to Gary on this new venture, and Roger, I know you have this covered.

UPDATED - A couple photos from first night, big art at an affordable price.

This is part of the large back room, at 60 Bowls Gallery.

Left to right- Lakewoodite Gary Thomas, owner of 60 Bowls Gallery and Ohio City Pasta, Lakewoodite Michael Gill, founder and editor of CAN Journal, and former Lakewoodite, now Boston resident and featured artist Roger von Golling.

Roger and Michael talking about the Cleveland Art Scene, no one knows it better that Mike.

Sixty Bowls Gallery
3125 Detroit
https://sixtybowls.com

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”