Great Work Lakewood Police - Desperadoes Rounded Up And Off The Street

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Great Work Lakewood Police - Desperadoes Rounded Up And Off The Street

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:13 pm

I was just out driving around, when the police went flying by. It seems that a police stop on Warren Road had gone wild, when at least one person bailed out of the car and took off.

The police had the area sectioned off quickly. It was around this time that the police records started coming back on the individuals in the car, "attempted murder, fleeing, escaping custody, aggravated menacing, drug sales, probation violation, and warrants," in many cities around here. They processed the ones there and let a girl go who had no record. Then the police started looking and locking down the area.

Meanwhile a plains clothes officer followed the girl while listening to her talk on her phone about the whole ordeal. Walking east on Detroit she finally turned into Canes. By this time she was joined unknowingly by two more plain clothes officers. At some point they decided to detain her, and then information surfaced about the missing person. Name, and record, and this one was a desperado too. Weapon charges, escaping, national warrants to detain and return, and attempted murder.

The police were hoping the man would try to contact her, and he did. Soon they traced him down to a house on Warren road where he was waiting for an Uber ride to get her. They followed the car west on Detroit when it turned into Starbucks, but not for coffee. The police entered from both sides and surrounded the car. The man was arrested peacefully and taken into custody.

The time from beginning to end less than an hour.

Now that is great work Lakewood Police.

Some photos of the arrest.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Great Work Lakewood Police - Desperados Rounded Up And Off The Street

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:15 pm

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Great Work Lakewood Police - Desperadoes Rounded Up And Off The Street

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:12 am

Amy Martin wrote:If anyone can translate this story for me, I'd appreciate it . . . . .

Amy,

Sorry, much of my reports come from blips and burps I hear from those taking part.

Car pulled over, (I believe), when passengers took off.

During the course of the search, it was found out some really bad people were the ones running.

Within 45 minutes, police rounded everyone up, and placed them in jail.

Great work Lakewood Police.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 pm

I used to regularly read the Police Blotter in the Lakewood Sun Post. People would call the police because they couldn’t remember where they had parked their car. Or, there was a mysterious noise in the attic. Maybe some unwanted chalk marks had appeared on the sidewalk. And, so on. And, so on.

My personal favorite was the individual, who had gotten wrapped up in the extra-long coiled cord attached to their wall phone. Assistance was needed in getting untangled.

In every edition, I was guaranteed a little chuckle or two over some minor mishap.

(And, no doubt, the police are still called for such mundane matters. I just don’t hear about them.)

But sadly, I can’t remember the last time I laughed over an incident involving the LPD. Assaults, car chases, carjackings, raging neighbors, attempted murder, drug sales, etc. These are becoming all to common, and they are no laughing matter.

Who wants to look out their window and see squad cars and people being put into cuffs? I’ve had it happen in front of my home a few times, and it’s a real jolt to the nervous system.

I’m grateful for the police being able to round everyone up.
Thank You, Lakewood Police.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:21 pm

pj bennett wrote:I used to regularly read the Police Blotter in the Lakewood Sun Post. People would call the police because they couldn’t remember where they had parked their car. Or, there was a mysterious noise in the attic. Maybe some unwanted chalk marks had appeared on the sidewalk. And, so on. And, so on.

My personal favorite was the individual, who had gotten wrapped up in the extra-long coiled cord attached to their wall phone. Assistance was needed in getting untangled.

In every edition, I was guaranteed a little chuckle or two over some minor mishap.

(And, no doubt, the police are still called for such mundane matters. I just don’t hear about them.)

But sadly, I can’t remember the last time I laughed over an incident involving the LPD. Assaults, car chases, carjackings, raging neighbors, attempted murder, drug sales, etc. These are becoming all to common, and they are no laughing matter.

Who wants to look out their window and see squad cars and people being put into cuffs? I’ve had it happen in front of my home a few times, and it’s a real jolt to the nervous system.

I’m grateful for the police being able to round everyone up.
Thank You, Lakewood Police.

PJ

I hate to shatter your, and most people's illusions, but police blotters are a staged theater.

Early on, we had debates over the LO should have a police blotter or not. When I dug into it, I found out that police blotters, are there to make you feel good and safe about the police, and that all criminals are stupid, getting stuck in chimneys, milk chute, etc.

Police calls are through the roof, police and fire are rocking it. Luckily most are very mundane calls. But there are some where it is life and death, quick action, follow through and hard work. When that happens, or police and fire rock the house.

Crime in Lakewood, for the most part it is the same trial and tribulations most towns have.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”