LO_18_23 On The Streets And Online - Holiday Love

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_18_23 On The Streets And Online - Holiday Love

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:45 pm

As we all make our way to the end of 2022, I present the Lakewood Observer, Volume 18, Issue 23. While there is some new news, a good part is a recap of all the activities of Lakewood businesses, non-profits, and residents. As winter slowly descends and Northern Ohioans begin their transformation to living inside, we bring you a view of Lakewood from your friends, neighbors, and civic leaders.

As this holiday season begins, we enter into a period of time where we all celebrate something, if nothing more than the changing of the year. Let’s keep our minds and hearts focused on others who are not as fortunate as we are. Take the time to volunteer, take part, drop off food, check on neighbors, write those checks to non-profits, and shop local, before you do anything else. Give the gift of love and help early and often.

This holiday season let's all meet on the higher road, and walk together in the warm sun to a better, more loving Lakewood, Ohio.

We have kicked off the famous Lakewood Observer Holiday Decoration Contest, which brings the love of Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree together with the creative, talented residents of Lakewood. Where a person with one strand of lights can compete with a family that has one million. Where the thought and love behind red and green window blankets can compete and possibly win against the Clark Griswolds of the world. You do not even have to decorate to win, just helping us nominate and vote on homes can get you in the game.

I look forward to our next issue, the end of this year, and the start of another amazing year in 2023.

You can pick up a copy of this award winning publication at over 100 locations around town...
Or download the digital version here: http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_18_Issue_23.pdf

Peace/love

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”