Cleveland Bagel To Open At The Chat Room, errr Route 6, errr 56 West, errr Street Burger Space

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Cleveland Bagel To Open At The Chat Room, errr Route 6, errr 56 West, errr Street Burger Space

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Photos from the Lakewood Observer photo archives.

In what was the Chat Room drop in center at one time is about to become Cleveland Bagel.

Alan Glazen (ABC Tavern, XYZ among other things) and his partners Dan Herbst and Geoff Hardman are finalizing the plans and layout.

Alan is a good man, this should work out nicely for the neighborhood.

Cleveland Bagel got their big chance on "Cleveland Hustle" when Alan became aware of them.

Since then, one of the hottest Bagel places in Cleveland.

It should be open by Spring 2022.

The location which was also home to "Route 6," "56 West" and "Street Burger" should be a good location for Cleveland Bagel.

56 West...

As I stood in the center of the road taking some time lapse shots of Lakewood's favorite
fine dining burger experience. Owner's and old friends Jay and Don wander out to tell
me to get out of the street and come in to a going away party for a Lakewoodite,
shipping out this week to Afghanistan.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Re: Cleveland Bagel To Open At The Chat Room, errr Route 6, errr 56 West, errr Street Burger Space

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:16 pm

https://www.cleveland.com/community/202 ... venue.html

As I recall, Streat Burger was successful and did not close down voluntarily. The property owner wanted to redevelop the block. I wonder, what happened?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Matthew Lee

Re: Cleveland Bagel To Open At The Chat Room, errr Route 6, errr 56 West, errr Street Burger Space

Postby Matthew Lee » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Here's a story about Streat Burger closing. Trinity Church was looking to sell the property so they had to move out. Can't believe it's been almost seven years and just now getting a replacement in there. I tried to find out if Streat Burger was still around and it looks the owner of Streat Burger is about to open a restaurant in Solon called Elle Restaurant and Lounge.

https://www.cleveland.com/lakewood/2015 ... _prep.html

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”