City of Lakewood "ALL GREEN", not quite

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Richard Baker

City of Lakewood "ALL GREEN", not quite

Postby Richard Baker » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 pm

The City of Lakewood proudly posted on Facebook that they had secured a contract with NOPEC and all the energy the city uses for it's building is now from renewable sources. In response to their ludicrous claim, I post the follow bit of reality.

Really, a deal with NOPEC for all “green energy”. Great, the City of Lakewood will also no longer use natural gas, a fossil fuel. The city council and the administration has just announced that all the city buildings’ heating systems will be converted from natural gas to electric. We can also assume NOPEC will have the nation's electric grid system dedicate a transmission line from Niagara Falls hydro generation plant to Lakewood. The Illuminating company will do the same to all the city's buildings, signal and street lights, etc. Here is the reality of this arsine and fake claim:
1. All the “green energy” produced is consumed by the energy demands of the surrounding area that it’s generated in
2. The “green energy” is a scam, it cost is higher and it can’t be delivered to Lakewood. I assume the City went out for public bids for this energy product that cannot be delivered
3. The bulk of the power under this NOPEC agreement will be provided by natural gas generation plants and the green by Bobby Joes house’s roof solar panels produce that he’s putting into the local grid
4. Either the city is insulting our intelligence, or they are hopelessly ignorant. We can assume the latter

Jim O'Bryan

Re: City of Lakewood "ALL GREEN", not quite

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:26 am

Richard Baker wrote:The City of Lakewood proudly posted on Facebook that they had secured a contract with NOPEC and all the energy the city uses for it's building is now from renewable sources. In response to their ludicrous claim, I post the follow bit of reality.

Really, a deal with NOPEC for all “green energy”. Great, the City of Lakewood will also no longer use natural gas, a fossil fuel. The city council and the administration has just announced that all the city buildings’ heating systems will be converted from natural gas to electric. We can also assume NOPEC will have the nation's electric grid system dedicate a transmission line from Niagara Falls hydro generation plant to Lakewood. The Illuminating company will do the same to all the city's buildings, signal and street lights, etc. Here is the reality of this arsine and fake claim:
1. All the “green energy” produced is consumed by the energy demands of the surrounding area that it’s generated in
2. The “green energy” is a scam, it cost is higher and it can’t be delivered to Lakewood. I assume the City went out for public bids for this energy product that cannot be delivered
3. The bulk of the power under this NOPEC agreement will be provided by natural gas generation plants and the green by Bobby Joes house’s roof solar panels produce that he’s putting into the local grid
4. Either the city is insulting our intelligence, or they are hopelessly ignorant. We can assume the latter

Richard

While I may disagree with some of the things you posted here, I think we might agree on the real problem, and it happens everywhere.

Entities desperate to generate news and positive spin, when none is needed.

This is a problem, much like junk mail during an election cycle.

To many people celebrating every couple yards instead of waiting for a touchdown.

Yawn.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am

Ohio Has Already Been Strip Mined

Regardless of any digital puffery made by the City of Lakewood, the commitment to renewable energy in the United States will have both the support of capital and technology. It already does and it is an actuality.

I deal with these impacts everyday of the week professionally.

Ohio has the most retrograde energy policy in the nation and a corrupted Republican legislature to prove it.

Here's another reminder. Fifty years ago, every driver heading south on I-77 saw The Gem of Egypt strip mine various Ohio counties.

Those fossils have already been burned.

The Gem of Egypt Strip Mines Ohio.jpg
The Gem of Egypt Strip Mines Ohio.jpg (8.87 KiB) Viewed 5279 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:25 am

The Gem Of Egypt

1973-GEMofEgypt-cvr-2-610.jpg
1973-GEMofEgypt-cvr-2-610.jpg (132.44 KiB) Viewed 5265 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:51 am

Strip Mining Has A New Name Now

"Mountain Top Removal"

Mountain Top Removal In WV.jpg
Mountain Top Removal In WV.jpg (70.58 KiB) Viewed 5206 times

Richard Baker

Postby Richard Baker » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:03 pm

Entities desperate to generate news and positive spin, and puffery does not excuse energy posting on the City of Lakewood Government Facebook account. When I was a child and lied, I was held accountable, but my parents weren’t Democrats in fact, they weren’t Republican’s either. Dad would say that neither party was worth the powder and shot to blow them to ….

If facts are not debatable, then weave a web of distraction and excuses to dismiss a bald face lie posted by Mayor George’s administration that the City of Lakewood was now “Total Green Energy.” Insert comments that the Republicans are the cause of the Democrat’s inept, inert and inadequacy of solving issues and all the lies told by Democrat elected officials.

Since party “accomplishments” was brought into the dialog, an example of Democrat’s decades of city management’s skills managed to reduce the richest city in the world, yes, the world, to a poor, dirty, decrepit, largely vacant, crime and drug ridden city, Detroit.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:59 pm

I don't live in Detroit, but I did reside in West Virginia and I did personally witness The Gem Of Egypt clawing away at the Ohio landscape.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:07 pm

Richard, no one has written more to demand civic accountability and honesty from Lakewood elected officials as much as I have here in the past 5 years.

I expect the same from the Ohio elected officials.

In fact, I expect the same from First Energy and its subsidiaries.

The world that you and I enjoyed is never coming back.

Not so long as disruption is viewed as the new global virtue by the next generation in power.

I encourage you to address your concerns directly with the elected officials as I have done previously.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”