"Lakewood Touts Outdoor Dining Success!"

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Mark Kindt

Re: "Lakewood Touts Outdoor Dining Success!"

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:39 am

Headlines Still Just As Bad Today

The headlines related to Covid-19 are still just as bad, perhaps worse, than when I started this Deck essay nine short days ago.

If outdoor dining is so safe in Lakewood, I encourage the Housing, Planning, and Development Committee to leave their homes and conduct their next meeting in public on public property at a Lakewood bar or restaurant that has been granted a conditional use permit for expanded outdoor dining in compliance with Ohio open meetings statutes.

Matthew Lee

Postby Matthew Lee » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:27 am

Bridget Conant wrote:I see yet another place had to close due to Covid infections!

Which one? Thanks.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:40 am

Also just heard from a member that the correct count at CYC is 5 not 2.

PLEASE, social distancing, wear a mask.

We can get through this.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Matthew Lee

Postby Matthew Lee » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:48 am

Saw it was Two Buck Chucks. Is there a reason we are not wanting to name establishments on the Deck? Not sure if I am violating something.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Matthew

I didn’t post the name only because I was in a big hurry. Sorry. I was going to come back and post a link.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:02 am

Matthew Lee wrote:Saw it was Two Buck Chucks. Is there a reason we are not wanting to name establishments on the Deck? Not sure if I am violating something.

Matthew

I am not sure if posting names is a violation of anything or not.

I have spoken with Mayor, Fire Chief, and Council they all refuse to come forward with the names publicly. Restaurants have taken it upon themselves to either go public or not. It is odd that COVID-19 has a badness associated with it like syphilis. I know 6 people that have tested positive, none will go public with their story. I imagine the same is true with restaurants.

The Fire Chief, and Police Chief know all the locations of everyone with COVID-19 in their home or business for safety reasons. Perhaps it is time to throw away the negativity of having it, and go public. Just the other day a popular person who lives in the middle of the city tested positive and went public with it. This is how we beat the virus, and it can be beat.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:47 am

Jim,

You say, that someone went public with their diagnosis of covid-19.

If that's the case, can you say 'who'?

I really don't understand, why this is all so hush-hush.
The virus is Highly Contagious.
It can have Dire Consequences.
It is a Communicable Disease.
It is World-Wide.

All of us, should know what is going on in the City of Lakewood.
I think that would be a nice change, considering the past 5 years of secrecy.

jkocinski

Postby jkocinski » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:41 am

If it is the same person that I know, they posted it to facebook. There was not a single negative response in the comments. Even if they posted it to facebook, I personally would not name names as this person was posting within their friends group. The no negative comments is what is key here.

pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:39 am

First of all, there is nothing to be embarrassed about, if contacting the virus. It certainly, should not initiate any kind of a negative reaction. It's not the clap.... it's a respiratory disease.

They certainly, should NOT have 'C-19' emblazoned on their foreheads.

But, how many people has this person, or others with covid-19, been in contact with?
Is he/she employed?
What if someone is a carrier?
Are there young people associated with this person, who say one thing to adults, and then when out in public, have a F.U. attitude to older people?

What about the young people, who have had some form of cancer or other disease. They certainly cannot walk amongst the carriers.

(I'm just throwing my concerns out there.)

But I, am tired of constantly looking over my shoulder to check if someone is about to enter my personal space.

I live on Clifton Blvd. and wear a mask when mowing my treelawn. I have to. I have had younger people (20's, 30's) deliberately cough as they walk past me. My neighbor has had it happen to him, as well.
This is INTIMIDATION.

I watched a young mother pushing a baby stroller run up onto my neighbor's lawn trying to create a 6' distance, because a jogger wouldn't give way.

We should know. We should know what is going on.

jkocinski

Postby jkocinski » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:01 pm

[quoteRe: "Lakewood Touts Outdoor Dining Success!"
Report this post
Postby pj bennett » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm
First of all, there is nothing to be embarrassed about, if contacting the virus. It certainly, should not initiate any kind of a negative reaction. It's not the clap.... it's a respiratory disease.

They certainly, should NOT have 'C-19' emblazoned on their foreheads.

But, how many people has this person, or others with covid-19, been in contact with?
Is he/she employed?
What if someone is a carrier?
Are there young people associated with this person, who say one thing to adults, and then when out in public, have a F.U. attitude to older people?

What about the young people, who have had some form of cancer or other disease. They certainly cannot walk amongst the carriers.

(I'm just throwing my concerns out there.)

But I, am tired of constantly looking over my shoulder to check if someone is about to enter my personal space.

I live on Clifton Blvd. and wear a mask when mowing my treelawn. I have to. I have had younger people (20's, 30's) deliberately cough as they walk past me. My neighbor has had it happen to him, as well.
This is INTIMIDATION.

I watched a young mother pushing a baby stroller run up onto my neighbor's lawn trying to create a 6' distance, because a jogger wouldn't give way.

We should know. We should know what is going on.
][/quote]

Although I sympathize with your concerns, I'm not sure knowing this persons name or any other covid+ persons name is going to make you safer or even make you feel safer. I can assure you that this person is self quarantining and not leaving the house. Beyond that sharing of medical information is I believe not legal as well as not right.

If you have people deliberately coughing at you or around you I would certainly contact the police on that one. That is outrageous behavior to say the least, probably criminal.

We need to do what we can to protect ourselves and not rely others to comply with common sense behavior, unfortunately we live in a different world now. Even enacting regulations to wear masks will have little effect as there will be plenty that do not comply. I find it hard to imagine LPD becoming the mask patrol. Compliance with these types of orders requires us to care about each other and not just ourselves. Sadly this is lacking in society. If it wasn't we would not need to be told to do it.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes, definitely report the coughers. Even better, take a picture. It's harassment and if they have the virus, I'd say it is some kind of deadly assault. They may be asymptomatic and able to exercise like that. We're fast getting to the point where everyone should be tested.

An interesting question. What to do about people who test positive, or refuse testing, and who don't quarantine? Unfortunately there is a social stigma to this.

And just to check in, that "report this post" was a glitch, right?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
jkocinski

Postby jkocinski » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:57 pm

It was a glitch. Not really savy on getting the quote so people know who I am responding too. I apologize for my lack of technical ability with this site

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:12 am

jkocinski wrote:It was a glitch. Not really savy on getting the quote so people know who I am responding too. I apologize for my lack of technical ability with this site

Thanks. I've had problems with that too, especially with my fat fingers and the tiny phone kyboards. So that's what I thought.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”