Documentary Film My So-Called Enemy (2010)

News and Programs from the Lakewood Public Library. (A non-discussion area)

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Lakewood Public Library

Documentary Film My So-Called Enemy (2010)

Postby Lakewood Public Library » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Documentary Film
My So-Called Enemy (2010)
Directed by Lisa Gossels Unrated

SUNDAY, APRIL 28 AT 6:00 p.m.

Spanning a seven-year period, “My So Called Enemy” follows six Palestinian and Israeli teenage girls committed to justice and mutual understanding as the conflict continues to rage in their homeland, after participating in a women's leadership program in the U.S. called Building Bridges for Peace. This heart and mind-opening film documents how the young women's transformative experience, of knowing their "enemies" as human beings, meets with the realities of their lives back home in the Middle East. Through the coming-of-age narratives of Adi, Gal, Hanin, Inas, Rawan and Rezan, we see how creating relationships across personal, political and physical borders is a first step towards resolving conflict. Lisa Gossels' award-winning documentary presents the complexities of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict though a human lens - and the possibility and hope that come from listening to each other's stories. Meet the filmmaker and engage in a thought-provoking Q&A after the show.

This event is free and will be held in the Lakewood Public Library Main Auditorium at 15425 Detroit Avenue. No registration is needed. Call (216) 226-8275 ext. 127 for more information.

Return to “Lakewood Public Library”