Dear Ms. Warren and Mr. Sanders….

Open and general public discussions about things outside of Lakewood.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Tim Liston

Postby Tim Liston » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 am

Just in case you happen to be on the Deck this morning….

I see where the two of you are outdoing each other almost daily in your support of taxpayer subsidized college education for all. Having recently paid for both my daughters’ college out of my own pocket, and knowing the job market these days, you should know that I’m pretty much opposed to having you take my money and use it to pay college tuition for others’ children. In fact I prepared this list of items I would rather spend my money on than college tuition for others….

A timeshare. In the Dominican Republic.
Pizza scissors
A Speedo
Bud Light
Cable TV
Potpourri
Ringtones

I’m sure there are others that I’ve missed. And just so you know. I’d be MUCH more inclined to help high school graduates get a trade school education. We need more carpenters, plumbers and electricians. We don’t need more English Lit majors.

So there you have it. Thank you for listening….

Tim Liston
Lakewood, Ohio

ryan costa

Re: Dear Ms. Warren and Mr. Sanders….

Postby ryan costa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:03 am

in Germany the kids are generally done with the equivalent of our 12th grade by the time they are 15 or 16. Then they go into a vocational training program or university if they qualify. America can't do this, cuz we have a lot of teenage fifth graders who can barely read. And it would screw up high school sports, which would screw up college sports, which would screw up professional sports, which would screw up tv and merchandising.
https://www.howtogermany.com/pages/germanschools.html

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey

Return to “Global Discussion”