LO_16_06 Online And On The Streets Well Online For Sure

This will be the archive for the daily COVID-19 Updates and eventually all COVID-19 posts.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LO_16_06 Online And On The Streets Well Online For Sure

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Monday as we finished the layout for Volume 16, Issue 6, the emails and phone calls started coming in. "Event canceled, don't run the story." "Things are changing, not sure, pull this and that. We went from a nice 16-page paper to almost nothing left in it. So over the last 4 days, the paper was changed no less than 4 times. Finally, we have some important information, and put together some distractions, and then came in "Quaran-TOONS" by Grace MacDermott, Age 11, and it made us all chuckle and continue our dedication to getting information out from Lakewoodites, Lakewood businesses, non-profits, City Hall and schools.

This issue contains our updated list of places to get food in Lakewood, Ohio: Restaurants, Bars, Grocery stores, even gas stations that have heated food! Please check with them, and if you can add to the collection feel free, it will be updated daily online. Rob Masek's "Lakewoodites" and of course "Quaran-TOONS" by Grace MacDermott, Age 11. Hopefully we can start to share your stories of great memories, how you are getting through this, things to check out and do 9' apart. We are looking forward to the days ahead when we can all pick up a copy of the Lakewood Observer, and sit in the sun, relax, and chuckle at some of the stories.

We are waiting to hear from our printing partners on when and if this paper will be printed. We have back-up plans, but for the immediate future we will dance with the people that brought us here. It is only right. They have an elderly staff, and are shuffling people around to cover bases.

So first, here is the quote...
“What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well. It helps men to rise above themselves.” - Albert Camus, The Plague

You can download it here: http://media.lakewoodobserver.com/issue_pdfs/Observer_Vol_16_Issue_06.pdf

WE are looking at home delivery. Either by mail, or like the old days, people in the neighborhood looking for exercise, fun, and help a community stay informed.

I want to thank all of our staff, advertisers, members, contributors and of course City Hall, the Schools and the Library. We get through this together. But for right now not closer than 9’

PEACE/LOVE

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Mark Kindt

Re: LO_16_06 Online And On The Streets Well Online For Sure

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 am

My compliments to the Lakewood Observer for being on top of this for our community. --An invaluable community asset.

Jim O'Bryan

Re: LO_16_06 Online And On The Streets Well Online For Sure

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:42 am

Mark Kindt wrote:My compliments to the Lakewood Observer for being on top of this for our community. --An invaluable community asset.

Mark

As you know, because you take part in it. It would not be possible without the support of members and the community.

Without the community, there is no Observers.

Our printed version of the food guide will be on the streets late this afternoon. With some special delivery help from some of Lakewood's best.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “COVID-19 Archives”