Observer's Jim O'bryan called liar by Dan Alaimo, been lying for years

This is where we place discussions and conversations about the Lakewood Observer Observation Deck.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Corey Rossen

Observer's Jim O'bryan called liar by Dan Alaimo, been lying for years

Postby Corey Rossen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:53 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:I don't think there's a rule that covers this discussion [using real names]

Dan just called Lakewood Observer founder, Jim O’Bryan, a liar.

For years and years Jim has trashed other online media outlets by claiming the Observer is the only website that requires “real full names” for its users. Jim screams that this shows accountability and brings credibility to the project. He uses this stance to place the project on a pedestal. People can be identified and held accountable for their words on the Deck, according to Jim. It turns out this is all a lie, Jim has been lying for years, and all in the name of bashing opposing sources according to Dan. The Observer does not have a rule in place that requires “real full names” according to Dan. So why all the lies for so many years by Jim?

So, who is lying?
Jim in his claim that the Observer requires “real first names” while trashing of other online sites?
Dan in his claim that that the law does not exist on the Observer?
Which one actually knows the rules around here?

These rules do seem fuzzy. Jim states that the rule exists in the Terms of Agreement when signing up. Dan implies that is not the case and that Jim is lying. Dan claims the rule does not exist. The Observer and Jim do not enforce the rules, if they do exist as Jim states they do, by allowing people to not use “real full names” and only use initials. So, by Jims own meaning of having “real full names,” does this diminish the accountability and credibility of the Observer - something he hangs his hat on while bashing others? Should it?

Don’t shoot the messengers on this one, just making sure that the Observer is as credible and accountable as it claims to be. It is always tough when someone points out fallacies and holds others accountable – in this case, are the Observer and Jim accountable? Why has he lied about this all these years?

Corey Rossen

"I have neither aligned myself with SLH, nor BL." ~ Jim O'Bryan

"I am not neutral." ~Jim O'Bryan

"I am not here to stir up anything." ~Jim O'Bryan
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Observer's Jim O'bryan called liar by Dan Alaimo, been lying for years

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 am

Corey Rossen wrote:
Dan Alaimo wrote:I don't think there's a rule that covers this discussion [using real names]

For years and years Jim has trashed other online media outlets by claiming the Observer is the only website that requires “real full names” for its users. Jim screams that this shows accountability and brings credibility to the project. He uses this stance to place the project on a pedestal. People can be identified and held accountable for their words on the Deck, according to Jim. It turns out this is all a lie, Jim has been lying for years, and all in the name of bashing opposing sources according to Dan. The Observer does not have a rule in place that requires “real full names” according to Dan. So why all the lies for so many years by Jim?

So, who is lying?
Jim in his claim that the Observer requires “real first names” while trashing of other online sites?

These rules do seem fuzzy. Jim states that the rule exists in the Terms of Agreement when signing up. Dan implies that is not the case and that Jim is lying. Dan claims the rule does not exist. The Observer and Jim do not enforce the rules, if they do exist as Jim states they do, by allowing people to not use “real full names” and only use initials. So, by Jims own meaning of having “real full names,” does this diminish the accountability and credibility of the Observer - something he hangs his hat on while bashing others? Should it?

Don’t shoot the messengers on this one, just making sure that the Observer is as credible and accountable as it claims to be. It is always tough when someone points out fallacies and holds others accountable – in this case, are the Observer and Jim accountable? Why has he lied about this all these years?

Corey

Corey, I use the term real names, that are vetted. We try through various methods.

No one is lying, it is just more Corey BS, read my post on names today.

In 12 years, two one fake name slipped through, the volunteers, and was caught, and removed.

We have investigated every complaint of a fake name, and found them to be false.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:56 am

"I don't think there's a rule that covers this discussion [using real names]"

This is completely out of context and the words in brackets do no pertain to what I was talking about. The topic headline is a fabrication.
That is all.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:"I don't think there's a rule that covers this discussion [using real names]"

This is completely out of context and the words in brackets do no pertain to what I was talking about. The topic headline is a fabrication.
That is all.

Dan

This is where the people with the least credibility in the city, try to discredit the Observer. Happens every election cycle.

They can blame the messenger, but they have ZERO answers for the facts. Which are, a small group of people have sold our hospital to get some access to some of the money.

In a nutshell. Never said FULL names, more BS from the least credible person in Lakewood, as proven here, day after day after day.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Corey Rossen wrote:

So, who is lying?

Corey

Corey, I use the term real names, that are vetted. We try through various methods.

No one is lying, it is just more Corey BS, read my post on names today.

In 12 years, two one fake name slipped through, the volunteers, and was caught, and removed.

We have investigated every complaint of a fake name, and found them to be false.

The issue is not real names, it is real full names - well, actually it is both. Real full names - this is what you scream when you state you are better than everyone else. Don't mince words, you always say real full names. Now you change it, out of convenience, to "real names."

Just another way to selectively enforce.

Corey Rossen

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:29 am

Corey Rossen wrote:The issue is not real names, it is real full names - well, actually it is both. Real full names - this is what you scream when you state you are better than everyone else. Don't mince words, you always say real full names. Now you change it, out of convenience, to "real names."

Just another way to selectively enforce.

Corey

More Corey lies.

From the third day on, we knew FULL NAMES, we not enforceable as our programmer, and moderator did not use them. Get it, if the gate keeper doesn't do it, how can I ask others?

Stephen Davis, Ken Warren and I argued for full names, Steve still does, but it cannot be done, for the reasons stated in "History of Names on the Deck"

I hate to just have to keep calling you wrong or a liar, but "Observer to start charging?" LIE. Everyday you throw out some lame as can be lies, and then argue both sides.

"Collapsed narcissist" in a nutshell, one pf many reasons I posted the definition and explanation.

The facts are, Mayor Summers hiding documents that prove, City Leaders wanted to hospital to close so they could get the foundation money to play with.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:In a nutshell. Never said FULL names, more BS from the least credible person in Lakewood, as proven here, day after day after day.

STOP LYING. YOU HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SHOW YOU ARE LYING. YOU LACK CREDIBILITY WITH ALL OF YOUR LIES.

I AM NOT LYING, JUST HOLDING YOU ACCOUNTABLE.

You are a terrible liar...from your own website. Stop blaming the messenger and start taking blame yourself. Own your Policies - you created them!

Be Civil
The use of full first and last names on the Observatory forum and for all submissions to the Lakewood Observer web site will, we hope, preclude us from having to police uncivil behavior. You own your posts and words. Please treat your fellow community members with respect and civility. Refrain from posting any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws or conduct constituting on-site or offline harassment of other users of the Heights Observer. We do, however, encourage robust discussion!

Corey Rossen

cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:36 am

Real names are one thing.

Real full names are another. It's up to the poster to pick what they submit to the deck.

There are plenty of observers here who don't use their full names but still use their real names, myself being one of them.

I know it's confusing Correy, sorry.

Ever heard of a non-issue?

:lol:

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:37 am

Corey

All caps?

I told you the truth? You refuse to believe it.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:43 am

Correy posted from the Observer website:

Be Civil
The use of full first and last names on the Observatory forum and for all submissions to the Lakewood Observer web site will, we hope, preclude us from having to police uncivil behavior. You own your posts and words. Please treat your fellow community members with respect and civility. Refrain from posting any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws or conduct constituting on-site or offline harassment of other users of the Heights Observer. We do, however, encourage robust discussion!

There you go! I use my full first and full last name, but it's not my full name. Same thing for you Correy.

Get it? What is the problem?

Ever heard of a non-issue? Geez.

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 am

cameron karslake wrote:Correy posted from the Observer website:

Be Civil

There you go! I use my full first and full last name, but it's not my full name. Same thing for you Correy.

Get it? What is the problem?

Ever heard of a non-issue? Geez.

Because you are in bed with Jim it is not an issue for you, and thus a non-issue to you.

It would be a non-issue to me if Jim did not scream credibility and accountability where is there is none.

See the difference? Most likely not.

I am on here solo constantly having to defend myself against people that are too cowardly to put their own name by their words (the motto of the Observer). You see the lack of credibility and accountability now? Most likely not.

I do not have a team of no-namers and initials ready to back me up and lash out against those who oppose me. See the difference now? Most likely not.

Corey Rossen

Return to “Discussions About The Deck”