Hospital Closing, Announcement May Come In 1st Quarter

A store house of articles, facts and discussions related to the loss of Lakewood Hospital, LHA, LHF.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Mark Crnolatas

Re: Hospital Closing, Announcement May Come In 1st Quarter

Postby Mark Crnolatas » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 am

Here is the human side. Had it not been for Lakewood Hospital being WHERE it is, and it being an effective hospital and efficient EMS crew, A) My daughter would have died at 18 months old.
B) TWO TIMES they saved my life due to heart situation.
C) FOUR TIMES over the years my mother's life was SAVED due to EMS and the Hospital
being NEAR!.

In each case a couple of minutes more would have been a death sentence.
Who does one speak to regarding THIS??????

Mark Allan Crnolatas Sr.
In God We Trust
Scott Meeson

Postby Scott Meeson » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 am

Some morning insight regarding (and with) Dr. Toby Cosgrove:
Dr. Toby Cosgrove:
http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/10-things-to-know-about-cleveland-clinic-ceo-dr-toby-cosgrove.html

The Cleveland Clinic Way:
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/cleveland-clinic-way

Insight to the Doctors:

City Club of Cleveland:

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/healthcare-blog/close-hospitals-not-so-fast.html

FWIW.

If you would understand anything, observe its beginning and its development.
- Aristotle
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:53 am

Scott

Thanks for the post. I have to be honest, the book was very insightful into Clinic think.

Anyone trying to understand this story needs to read it.

I have now gone through over 600 pages of contracts, meetings, public records, etc.

I stand on my announcement of the rumor.

FWIW

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:03 pm

I have been tons of calls and texts on this story. Over 400 pages on information dumped into our
laps that we are pouring over. At the same time we are busy getting out the first edition of the
year for Lakewood Observer, 11_01!

So please bare with us while we sort through the rumors and the facts. Sorry we have not posted
everything here yet. It will be. These are your records.

Let me summarize, nothing has changed since the original post, except the timeline, and that
my friends will be a very interesting read indeed.

Thanks again, remember this is a volunteer crew, feel free to jump in and help anytime. The
healthiest city has a well informed community at its heart.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Joe Sgambellone

Postby Joe Sgambellone » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Joe Sgambellone wrote:I'm not happy to be losing the hospital, if it comes to pass. But I won't blame regionalism for it. I blame Obama.

Jim O'Bryan wrote:Don't blame Obama, Obama's ACA might be the thing that saves us in the end. Was just
speaking with an ambulance driver that said, one of the biggest problems with emergency service is that Westlake Fire get paid more for a call than Lakewood. The difference is in
the health care. I asked "would the ACA fix this?" The answer was yes, and more
Lakewoodites move to ACA and off Medicare, the difference in costs should be smaller.

My friend, my "blame Obama" remark was a failed attempt at humor. I forgot that he formed policy that is pertinent to this discussion. For the record, I'm glad that people who didn't have it before now have insurance. Since hospitals are obliged to service all people, all people should be part of "the system".

Will Brown

Postby Will Brown » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:44 pm

I thought you were serious. I know an architect who had a lot of business designing and building smaller hospitals, usually in underserved communities. When it became apparent that there was going to be a big change in the landscape when the Democratic plan came to fruition, investors were unwilling to risk building care facilities in those communities, so he lost a lot of work and is now out of that field. And those communities remain underserved.

It is not clear to me why anyone would move from Medicare to one of the ACA plans. Medicare is about the cheapest coverage you can get. It certainly has problems to include bureaucratic control of your treatment and incomprehensible award/denial letters, but every type of coverage I've seen imposes limits on your treatment.

I think this is not about who gets treatment, but about who pays for it. I think a very small number of us did without treatment during hard times because they didn't want to be viewed as parasites. But we have been careful to avoid describing uncovered treatment as welfare. And the poor who were getting treatment and not paying are being shunted into programs, primarily medicaid, I think, and they are now seeing the same doctors that they have been seeing all along, so medical treatment has not been changed, just who pays for it.

Society in every state is a blessing, but the Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil...

Return to “Hospital Archives 2014-2015”