The Lakewood Hospital Foundation is Moving

A store house of articles, facts and discussions related to the loss of Lakewood Hospital, LHA, LHF.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Bill Call

The Lakewood Hospital Foundation is Moving

Postby Bill Call » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am

https://www.facebook.com/LakewoodHospital

I guess it's only fair since Lakewood Hospital is moving as well:

http://www.cleveland.com/avon/index.ssf ... illio.html

I suppose what ever money is left in the Foundations treasury will be "invested" in Avon.

Did you know that when you made your last donation?

Scott Meeson

Re: The Lakewood Hospital Foundation is Moving

Postby Scott Meeson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:53 am

Bill Call wrote:https://www.facebook.com/LakewoodHospital

I guess it's only fair since Lakewood Hospital is moving as well:

http://www.cleveland.com/avon/index.ssf ... illio.html

I suppose what ever money is left in the Foundations treasury will be "invested" in Avon.

Did you know that when you made your last donation?

Bill,

Mixed emotions on the entire issue:

then again, it can be all sooooo TANTALIZING:

Who knew a 21 minute ride could quite possibly be such a "draining" experience!
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Avon,+OH/Lakewood+Hospital,+14519+Detroit+Ave,+Lakewood,+OH+44107/@41.4685924,-81.9845591,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x8830905e0431e18d:0x3e870b29be775cd!2m2!1d-82.0354225!2d41.4517093!1m5!1m1!1s0x8830f288b34b0069:0x2ccb1a21006dbb7e!2m2!1d-81.796363!2d41.484025!3e0

:wink:

Scott Meeson

If you would understand anything, observe its beginning and its development.
- Aristotle
Will Brown

Postby Will Brown » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Your citation doesn't appear to say what you say it says.

I admit I don't like reading facebook postings, as they seem to attract a high number of enthusiastic idiots. But I did read the one you cited and found nothing about the Foundation moving, as if the location of the Foundation is at all important.

Society in every state is a blessing, but the Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil...
Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:45 pm

If you don't have a Lakewood Hospital can you have Lakewood Hospital Foundation?

When did the Cleveland Clinic decide to debase Lakewood Hospital?

Does the Lakewood Hospital Foundation have an exit strategy?

The Foundation spent millions to support Lakewood Hospital's Vision For Tomorrow. That Vision included a dependence on rehabilitation. Did the Clinic know it was going to move those services before or after they convinced the Foundation to spend millions on rehab facilities?

Did the Clinic entice the Foundation to spend its funds on services that were destined to be moved to Avon?

What is bad faith?

What is restraint of trade?

What is fraud?

What is one third of one billion dollars?

Matthew Lee

Postby Matthew Lee » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Bill, you do realize the Facebook page you linked to has the "moving" date of January 29, 2013? This happened almost a year ago. Is this actually news any more?

Maybe I'm missing something in the big picture.

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:53 am

Matthew Lee wrote:Bill, you do realize the Facebook page you linked to has the "moving" date of January 29, 2013? This happened almost a year ago. Is this actually news any more?

Maybe I'm missing something in the big picture.

The Clinics decision to dismantle Lakewood Hospital and move its employees and infrastructure to Avon is old news. The recent article about the Clinics expansion in Avon just got me thinking about it all over again.

What happens to the Lakewood Hospital Foundation when there is no longer a hospital?

What happens to Lakewood's economy when we lose $1 billion in annual economic activity?

If urban sprawl is bad why are our institutions subsidizing sprawl?

If urban sprawl is particularly bad for Cuyahoga County why are County institutions subsidizing sprawl?

The Plain Dealer has done some articles about so called "food deserts" in some areas of Cuyahoga County. If food deserts are bad aren't health care deserts even worse?

Why should the people of Lakewood have to go to Lorain County to see a doctor?

Some say that since everything is only 30 minutes away it's no big deal. If that's the case why not move thirty minutes away and live where everything is?

How many people will make the decision to move where everything is and what affect will that have on the City?

Does the Lakewood Hospital Foundation serve the interests of the Hospital or the interests of the Clinic?

A year ago the Mayor said that a report on the future of the Hospital would be released soon. Where is the report?

And ...

The Clinic convinced the Lakewood Hospital Foundation to spend millions to support the Vision for Tomorrow. Was the Foundation deceived as to the Clinics true intent?

There was some minor opposition to the plan that was crushed:

Vision for Tomorrow Plan - ordinance objecting.pdf
(11.88 KiB) Downloaded 393 times

It's all a done deal.

Return to “Hospital Archives 2014-2015”