Christine Siley

A section to handle the overstock of forums, messages, topics, and misc that have come and gone over the history of this project. Any of these topics can be made active again but simply sending the moderators a note. We are now passing 1/4 million posts, and ar trying to keep things filed for all.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Dan Alaimo

Christine Siley

Postby Dan Alaimo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:00 pm

It should be noted here that Dru Siley's wife Christine passed away suddenly last night. Many of us have political/development differences with Dru, but that's no reason to withhold condolences from a neighbor who has suffered a tragic loss. I try to to tell anyone what to say or not to say, but many are leaving messages on Facebook.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
tom monahan

Re: Christine Siley

Postby tom monahan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Dan:

Thank you for alerting us to this tragic news. Since I am not a Facebook user, I want to say on behalf of my wife, Marianne,
we extend our deepest sympathies to Dru and his family.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Sorry to hear this.

In terms of passings, it seems like 2015 has been especially bad year for Lakewood.

Pasquale Manno

Postby Pasquale Manno » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Very tragic. Who knows the details? I wonder if she required an ambulance ride to Lakewood or Fairview.

Times like this make you grateful to have a hospital in your backyard.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Pasquale Manno wrote:Very tragic. Who knows the details? I wonder if she required an ambulance ride to Lakewood or Fairview.

Most tasteless post ever. Ever.

I can't even imagine what the Siley family is going through, and whether or not I agree with his thoughts on development or not, he was a good family man. and I have never heard anything but praise for Christine. I know many many people that were friends with them and love Christine, and the family.

To the Siley Family, Words never do moments like this justice, rarely make sense, and always seem underwhelming.

Sorry for your loss.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Peter Grossetti

Postby Peter Grossetti » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Classy, Pasquale. :roll:

"We do not exist for ourselves." ~Thomas Merton

May eternal peace fill Christine's soul. Sending loving and healing vibes to Dru and kids.

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers
Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:34 am

My family and I were sorry to hear the sad news. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Siley family.

Marguerite Harkness

Postby Marguerite Harkness » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:14 pm

Very sorry to hear of such a devastating loss to Dru and his family. Our prayers are with the family, that love from many friends will help them get through this.

Patrick Wadden

Postby Patrick Wadden » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 pm

Pasquale Manno wrote:Very tragic. Who knows the details? I wonder if she required an ambulance ride to Lakewood or Fairview.

Totally inappropriate post and you will forever be known as a D-bag. Your name=D-bag.

My condolences to the Siley family.

Pasquale Manno

Postby Pasquale Manno » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks to the Observer who PM'ed me the police report. I don't recommend anyone read it. Quite sad. Hospital distance was not a factor.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Pasquale Manno wrote:Thanks to the Observer who PM'ed me the police report. I don't recommend anyone read it. Quite sad. Hospital distance was not a factor.

Pasquale

Prove an Observer sent it.

You are lying, and you know it.

Your pathetic attempt to make this project look as shallow as you, and your other projects is a total lie.

PROVE IT.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Pasquale, to give you the benefit of the doubt, you should consult with someone who can advise you how to better express yourself in this forum. This one wasn't as bad as the last one, but it is still wildly out of bounds. The only point of this thread is our shared grief with our neighbors' tragic loss.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Dan Alaimo wrote:Pasquale, to give you the benefit of the doubt, you should consult with someone who can advise you how to better express yourself in this forum. This one wasn't as bad as the last one, but it is still wildly out of bounds. The only point of this thread is our shared grief with our neighbors' tragic loss.

Dan

You are missing the point. Pasquale's since walking through the door 15 posts ago was to attack the Observer. He had to act nice, but he has been playing a game since signing in. You see even though our staff knew about the death of Christine Siley, we felt it was up to his family. No one at the Observer needed or wanted the police report. When you posted it was respectful and everyone was respectful, it bothered Pasquale so he tried to seed a storm of hate. When more respect came, it boiled his pitiful ass, and so he made this up.

Dan, the game that he plays is, "Did you see what some low life posted on the Deck..." The lump it all together, small minds thing very small.

His line of "One of the Observers" is just another lie, Pasquale prove the post.

Dan, he can't. He is lying.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Jim, I was likely posting at the very same time you were, but I get it, Pasquale is - by contemporary definition - a troll (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll). I thought today that most trolls wouldn't post on a subject like this, so there might be room for education. But not likely. I stand by my recommendation in my last PM to you.

Return to “LO's PUBLIC ARCHIVES”