The Police Blotter

For notices from Observer staff & volunteers. Discussions, questions, and suggestions from readers about The Lakewood Observer, proud member of the Observer Media Family.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

jackie f taylor

The Police Blotter

Postby jackie f taylor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:33 pm

I've noticed, in Thursdays Sun Harald publication, there seems to be a partial report of some of the criminal activity happening within our city. There is so much more going on, why is it being condensed? Why isn't all of the criminal activities reported? Robbery, break-ins, assaults, theft, OVI, speeding, public intoxication, refusing to leave, all of it? I have seen and heard of additional crimes that have not been mentioned. Couldn't the LO have a column that details all the criminal activity which occurs in our city, day to day? Where we can all contribute from personal experience and what has been officially reported by Lakewood Police Dept. just to give us a heads up of what's going on? I'm just asking.

jackie f taylor

Re: The Police Blotter

Postby jackie f taylor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Jackie, very well said, I agree, I want to know of every little crime taking place in our hood, that way, I know what to look out for and inform my kids of what to be aware of, at al times. Knowledge is king, bliss is missed. I don't want to be missed. I want to know.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:03 pm

jackie f taylor wrote:Jackie, very well said, I agree, I want to know of every little crime taking place in our hood, that way, I know what to look out for and inform my kids of what to be aware of, at al times. Knowledge is king, bliss is missed. I don't want to be missed. I want to know.

Jackie

Hate to break into a great discussion with yourselves, but...

Write one and submit it, then prove you can do it consistently and you have a shot. Ask Gary Rice.

However most "Police Blotters" are somewhat feel good. Mostly silly crimes, and stupid criminals so people feel safe in their community.

I have always felt it is far more important to sit back and work with police on crimes trying to be solved.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks Jim, I haven't got a clue, just thinking out loud, and thought I'd throw that out there, to see if I was alone or not, and others thoughts.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:26 pm

jackie f taylor wrote:Thanks Jim, I haven't got a clue, just thinking out loud, and thought I'd throw that out there, to see if I was alone or not, and others thoughts.

Jackie

I think if you do a search you will see many people talked about this over the years. Most realized it wasn't what they thought or couldn't put it up.

We had one for a short period of time, but instead posted this...

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12888/web

A link to Lakewood Police radio.

Everyone should know, if you have an idea, post it, submit, and by all means contact the editor and put together the idea.

It is that easy.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Facebook is the new blotter.

Just yesterday I learned that a Lakewood High School student was accosted at gunpoint on his way to school and that Barrio employees coming into work came upon would be robbers. Oh, and the PNC on Detroit was robbed.

My my, there is a lot going on in Lakewood!

jackie f taylor

Postby jackie f taylor » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 am

lol, Jim thanks for the chuckles, and your pin point observation of my conversation with myself. The police blotter is how I heard of the break in at Barrios.

Return to “Lakewood Observer Newspaper & Website”