Mayor George's "phony" commercial

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Shawn Juris

Mayor George's "phony" commercial

Postby Shawn Juris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:25 pm

I've been seeing this commercial on cable stations roughly every hour. While there are certainly some questions of cost, the bigger question that I have is what are the "phony statistics" that the two old guys are talking about?

Grace O'Malley

Postby Grace O'Malley » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:36 pm

My, your choice of title is rather pugnacious!

Thought you were above that.

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Mayor George's "phony" commercial

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Shawn Juris wrote:I've been seeing this commercial on cable stations roughly every hour. While there are certainly some questions of cost, the bigger question that I have is what are the "phony statistics" that the two old guys are talking about?

Shawn

While I am not getting into the mudslinging by you surgates for your candidates.

Michael Flynn is not just a friend of mine, but was with the police for decades where he has an outstanding record of serving this city. Then moved into housing enforcement, where he was fired by Cain, allowing for a backlog of violations still not caught up with.

Attack the candidates all you want but Michael Flynn is one of Lakewood's best.

PS - As a policeman he arrested me three times. I could not have been arrested by a finer, more fair, and honest person.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
chris richards

Postby chris richards » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Shawn Juris wrote:I've been seeing this commercial on cable stations roughly every hour. While there are certainly some questions of cost, the bigger question that I have is what are the "phony statistics" that the two old guys are talking about?

PS - As a policeman he arrested me three times. I could not have been arrested by a finer, more fair, and honest person.

I don't think there was an attack on Michael Flynn in this post? The question was about the "phony statistics." And the question hasn't been answered in this thread.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:51 pm

chris richards wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:

I don't think there was an attack on Michael Flynn in this post? The question was about the "phony statistics." And the question hasn't been answered in this thread.

Cris

Maybe you are correct. However I think it was answered. "the Old Guys" had one member who is one of the more visible people in Lakewood. He has impacted many lives for the good including mine.

While he is on the MTG campaign, his opinion and voice is not for sale at any price. I have known Mr. Flynn for a long time, he is one of the most sincere honest people in the city. Walks the city every evening, helps on many different projects, and truly loves Lakewood.

He is not a shill, he is not an actor. He was on the police in what has been called the golden years of Lakewood.

FWIW

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Shawn Juris

Postby Shawn Juris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 pm

Well when you can't answer the question deflect.

Return to “2007 Lakewood Mayoral Election”