Another question - Fitzgerald - where are getting the money

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:21 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:Actually, from the figures I have, he got 4500 from Glitz.

From what I saw on Ryan's financial he got 15,000.

I refuse to keep going back on forth with you on this.

Do your research if you don't believe me. Until you do leave it alone.

By the way, if you find info that proves me wrong I'll give you my email on pm and I would appreciate it you would pm them to me.

Quit equating my statements with lobbing bombs, you're starting to sound like the Bushies.

Your reluctance to support your statements with fact is revealing. I did check and you are so wrong. However you don't seem interested in making statements of fact. Just statements that inflame.

Sharon Kinsella - Bad source of information. Beware.

Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:35 pm

sharon kinsella wrote:
I truly believe in speaking out when something is wrong, but I don't go off half cocked and I'm not hysterical. I would be hysterical if something happened to someone I love

No, you go off completely cocked. Let's see - the facts of this are: ???

David Scott

Postby David Scott » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:21 pm

I just picked up my mail and there is an 8x11 glossy from both Fitzgerald and George - both mailed with bulk permits. I also recall recieving the 4 color Fitzgerald piece and a piece from Geoge with a clown policeman shooting a fake gun - both would probably cost the same. Also I hear that George has a TV commercial, don't know about Fitzgerald so I guess they both are spending a lot of money. The only differnce I can see is that Fitzgerald gets mose of his money from Lakewood and George gets most of his money from outside Lakewood. It seems like those who would like to build the "Lakewood Brand" have an obvious choice. Also, when looking at Geogrge's website his telephone number has a 440 exchange. I am not aware that Lakewood has any 440 exchanges, I could be wrong.

what happens to a dream deferred .......

maybe it just sags like a heavy load
or does it explode ?
- Langston Hughes
Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:42 pm

Sharon,

The truth of the matter is I had completed my own research before I posted. I just wanted to see if you had done your own research or if you were more about the controversial statement and half truths. What I found is that Mrs. Metelko made contributions to Demro's campaign. But certainly not 3 times the amount the developer contributed to your Candidate George or the thousands of dollars you would want people to think she contributed. On top of that you than wanted me to PM you the information so you couldn’t be exposed as an individual who really doesn’t deal in the facts. A very clever tactic, but the bottom line is why are we even talking about Mrs. Metelko and her campaign contributions, her candidate lost? The issue is the mayor’s poor judgment in accepting a contribution from a developer who wants a property in Lakewood. Can you say conflict of interest? I believe the voters have said it once and will be saying it on Tuesday.

Ryan Salo

Postby Ryan Salo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:34 pm

I received a piece today from Fitz basically alienating himself from a bunch of voters. I was shocked that he would separate himself from all the Mike Summers and Dan shields supporters. I'm sure it was a city wide mailing, so does anyone have any thoughts on the piece?

Ryan Salo
stephen davis

Postby stephen davis » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:40 pm

Ryan Salo wrote:I received a piece today from Fitz basically alienating himself from a bunch of voters. I was shocked that he would separate himself from all the Mike Summers and Dan shields supporters.

Yeah, that one was puzzling.

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street.
Used to be the heart of town.
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.
You just gotta poke around.

Robert Hunter/Sometimes attributed to Ezra Pound.
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:45 pm

I have not received any mailers from Fitz.

New Website/Blog: dlayphoto.com
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:38 pm

I have received 2 in the mail from Mayor George, of which those are the only political mailers I have received this year.

Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:44 pm

I have gotten a bunch from both. I even hear George has some TV commercials out there but I haven't seen any of those...they certainly can't be cheap.

David Lay

Postby David Lay » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:47 pm

Makes me wonder if they mail more to homeowners as opposed to renters...

Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:11 pm

David Lay wrote:Makes me wonder if they mail more to homeowners as opposed to renters...

That could be true. I would imagine statistically that homeowners are probably more likely to vote in local elections than renters.

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:26 pm

Ryan Salo wrote:I received a piece today from Fitz basically alienating himself from a bunch of voters. I was shocked that he would separate himself from all the Mike Summers and Dan shields supporters. I'm sure it was a city wide mailing, so does anyone have any thoughts on the piece?

What is interesting is that the Democratic Club of Lakewood, in which Ed serves as president, endorsed George, Butler, Shields, Dangelo (Summers was unable to attend the endorsement meeting), and Madigan.

When the Dem club sample ballot was mailed, Butler and Dangelo's names were missing. They requested that their names be removed.

So it was also interesting that the Fitz mailer had the "endorsed Democrats" (well, it's true that they have had some endorsements), Fitz, Butler, Bullock, Dangelo, & Madigan.

Ivor Karabatkovic

Postby Ivor Karabatkovic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:02 am

My dad said the other night that I have to tell him who the democrat is and that's who he's voting for.

When I told him that both are proud democrats he gave me a look like this....

Shawn Juris

Postby Shawn Juris » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:58 am

If the anecdotes on this are helpful, I've gotten 3 from George and 1 from Fitzgerald. Additionally, I saw the George commercial on cable, CNN I believe, run hourly Thursday morning. I'm sure that this thread was originally intended to undermine Fitzgerald but now that you've got me thinking about it, I'm intrigued about how much the Mayor is spending to win back his job after the primary surprise.

Return to “2007 Lakewood Mayoral Election”