Light Up Lakewood 2019 To Spread Holiday Cheer On December 7
It’s a most joyous of Lakewood traditions and it’s back in Downtown Lakewood for a 13th consecutive year. The spirit of the season will come to life with holiday cheer when Light Up Lakewood 2019 takes place on Saturday, December 7.
Sponsored by First Federal Lakewood and presented by LakewoodAlive, Light Up Lakewood celebrates the season and the richness of our city’s vibrancy. This free, family-friendly event in Downtown Lakewood features a holiday parade, lighting ceremony, winter fireworks, Beer Garden, Holiday Market, Holiday Train, live music, ice carvings, hot chocolate, food trucks, children’s games and more.
Attendees are invited to stroll Lakewood's downtown district and visit local shops and restaurants while taking in the sights and sounds of one of Northeast Ohio's largest holiday celebrations. Light Up Lakewood serves as a marquee event for the entire region, drawing an estimated 20,000 guests each December.
Light Up Lakewood represents a long-held holiday celebration of Lakewood’s vibrancy. Guests' sensory perceptions will be delighted by the twinkle of holiday lights, the cheerful sounds of carolers and the warmth exuded by the festive, friendly atmosphere.
Highlights include the Holiday Market inside the historic Lakewood Masonic Temple; the Light Up Lakewood Beer Garden sponsored by Roundstone Insurance; the ever-popular Holiday Parade, which commences at Manor Park Avenue at 5 p.m. and ends in front of Lakewood Public Library; the Lighting Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at City Center Park and a can’t-miss fireworks show at 7 p.m. over the rooftops of Downtown Lakewood.
Schedule of Events for Light Up Lakewood 2019:
– 11 am – 1 pm – Lunch with Santa at Dewey’s Pizza
– 11 am – 4 pm – Ongoing performances at Lakewood Baptist Church with a surprise visitor
– 3 pm – Royalty Scholarship Ceremony at Plantation Home
– 4 pm – Festival Kickoff with Holiday Market at the Lakewood Masonic Temple
– 4 pm – Light Up Lakewood Beer Garden sponsored by Roundstone Insurance at the intersection of Mars and Detroit Avenues
– 4 pm – Holiday Train sponsored by Laskey Costello, LLC and Paisley Monkey runs along Detroit Avenue between Belle and Arthur
– 5 pm – Start of Parade at Manor Park and Detroit Avenues, headed westbound on Detroit
– 5:30 – 8 pm – Ongoing performances and children’s activities at Lakewood Public Library
– 5:30 – 8:30 pm – Santa visits Lakewood Public Library
– 6:30 pm – Lighting Ceremony at Main Stage at City Center Park
– 7 pm – Fireworks Show sponsored by First Federal Lakewood
For more information and continued updates, please visit LakewoodAlive.org/LightUpLakewood.
Light Up Lakewood is generously supported by the following sponsors:
Title Sponsor and Fireworks Sponsor:
First Federal Lakewood
City of Lakewood
Beer Garden Sponsor:
Lakewood City Center
Photo Booth Sponsor:
Eric Lowrey and Chris Bergin, Berkshire Hathaway/Lucien Realty
Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center
Royalty Scholarship Sponsor:
Convey360 | Cox Communications | Good Soil Lutheran Ministries | Lakewood Anglican Church | Lakewood Catholic Academy
I am the Marketing & Development Manager for LakewoodAlive. I enjoy all things Lakewood, especially walking my basset hound through Madison Park.