Why I Support Jeff Wise For Council
As a longtime resident of Ward 3, I have always voted in elections. This year I feel compelled not only to vote, but to express why I will be voting the way I will.
It is time for a change. Now is our chance to elect folks that want to do things differently and listen to the residents. I firmly believe Jeff Wise fits that description. I had the opportunity to attend a community meeting he hosted last month. The focus of the meeting was the various developments being planned in Lakewood.
A summary of the points discussed include:
- Jeff Wise supports development that makes sense for the neighborhood - he supports green space and sustainability as well as transitioning properly into a neighborhood
- He believes in transparency - if elected he will continue to hold community meetings as he did when he worked in Columbus
- He thinks when something is before a board the entire neighborhood should be notified and not just the immediate properties
- He acknowledges he may not always say what we want to hear but he will he be up front about his thoughts
- He opposes rubber stamping as our current council seems to prefer to do
- He is excited that our city council could look totally different after the upcoming election
As a resident directly impacted by one of the proposed Solove Development projects, I was excited to hear his perspective. I was especially pleased to hear he believes development needs to make sense and to transition into a neighborhood. I am not getting that same sense from the current administration or the Architectural Review Board.
Transparency is import to Mr. Wise. It should be important to every resident of Lakewood and every citizen of this country. It seems to be a dying concept. What I hear from Jeff Wise is balance between what is best for the city of Lakewood and the desire of the residents
The way to make a difference is to vote. Please take the time to understand the views and priorities of all candidates and let your voice be heard at the ballot box.
I am a 27 year Lakewood resident that wants to see Lakewood change for the better. I was born and raised in a rural IL.