Kindergarten Parent Info Night, Registration Coming Up
Kindergarten registration for Lakewood City Schools will take place at the Lakewood Board of Education at 1470 Warren Road beginning Friday, Feb. 10, 2017. Students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 30, 2017 in order to be age eligible to enter kindergarten. There will be a Parent Information Night on Thursday, Feb. 9 at 6:30 pm at Grant Elementary School for interested parents to find out more about the program.
Registration packets are available at the Board of Education or online at www.lakewoodcityschools.org. Registration will be by appointment only.
After collecting all required documents and completing all registration forms, you may schedule an appointment to register your child. To schedule an appointment, please contact the registration secretary by phone at 216-529-4279 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Please Note: The Residency and Custody Affidavit included in the packet must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public.
The following documents must be presented at registration:
- Child’s birth certificate, original or certified copy; Passport or Visa
- Child’s immunization record, doctor’s name and phone number
- Driver’s license or State ID of the residential parent/legal guardian registering the student
- Proofs of Residency - provide 2 In the form of:
- Utility Bills (gas, electric, water)
- Pay stub
- Valid signed lease
- Business mail
- Section 8 documentation
- Voter registration card
- Municipal Income Tax Return (RITA)
- Valid driver’s license with current address
OR: The Owner Affidavit form, which must be completed by the landlord, owner, or manager and signed in the presence of a NOTARY PUBLIC when no other proofs of residency can be provided.
- Custody documents (If Applicable) only legal residents who are the parent or legal guardian of the child may completer the registration process. Applicable court documents must be a certified copy and contain any and all exhibits or attachments referenced to show custody.
- Copy of a signed Current IEP and ETR (if Applicable)
Children attending the Lakewood City School’s pre-kindergarten program are enrolled in the District and do not need to re-register. Kindergarten information will be given to these families.