Seeking Food And Craft Vendors For The Evening: LEAF Community Harvest Fest Will Be On October 1
Celebrate autumn and our local harvest at LEAF Community’s Annual Harvest Festival. This year, our signature event will be held earlier in the season, on Thursday, October 1, from 5:30-8 p.m. Join us on the porch of Lakewood Library, Detroit Avenue.
Your whole family can enjoy this free event. The evolving details of the evening include:
· Food: Come hungry and nosh on a variety of soups and stews, homemade from mainly local produce, locally made breads, and other foods, available with a nominal donation to support LEAF.
· Pumpkin patch: Pick out a pumpkin to take home to carve in our pumpkin patch.
· Live music: Local musicians will provide the soundtrack to our festival fun.
· Pie bake-off: Show off your baking skills by entering our pie contest (or use your pie-tasting skills, if you prefer.)
· Games: Ever tried squash bowling? Now’s your chance. We’ll have corn hole, too.
· Face painting: Add a little color to the kids’ faces!
· Vendors: Local food and craft vendors will have fresh produce, homemade breads/desserts, crafts, dry goods, and prepared foods for purchase.
· CSA pick up: LEAF’s usual Thursday evening CSA pick up will still be going on.
Interested in vending at the Harvest Fest? We’re seeking local food and craft vendors. LEAF is 100% powered by volunteers; let us know if you are able to volunteer at the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in vending or volunteering.
Learn more about LEAF Community and our programs at leafcommunity.org.