Tour Lakewood's Most Beautiful Homes And Win An Instant Wine Cellar
The “Come Home to Lakewood” tour will be Sunday, September 9, from 1 to 6 pm. In its 11th year, this event is highly anticipated by not only Lakewood residents but home and garden admirers from all over Northeast Ohio. The house tour weekend festivities are the Lakewood Historical Society’s largest fundraiser and are only held every other year. Tickets are only $20 and offer the rare opportunity to view eight of Lakewood’s most beautiful historically or architecturally significant structures. This year’s tour includes:
- A thoughtfully renovated lakefront.
- A stately Tudor that houses a fascinating collection of Asian pieces.
- A Clifton Park Arts and Crafts with its Prohibition-era basement speakeasy.
- A majestic Clifton Park Colonial Revival.
- A 2-bedroom gem with a lush outdoor living space.
- A Carlyle condo featuring both east and west views.
- Two Madison Avenue commercial properties with a contemporary flair that provide both efficient work space and a home away from home for employees.
Since this tour typically sells out, purchase your tickets soon from the following:
- Local retail outlets: Beck Center for the Arts, First Federal of Lakewood, Geiger’s Clothing & Sports, Local Girl Gallery, Oldest Stone House, Rozi’s Wine House or in Rocky River at Mitchell Sotka, and at V Regalo/The Desk Set.
- Online at www.lakewoodhistory.org
- By mail to Lakewood Historical Society, 14710 Lake Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107. Please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
As a kick-off to the Sunday House Tour, the Lakewood Historical Society will host a Patron Party on Saturday, September 8, from 6 to 9 p.m. at a stunning private residence that is not on Sunday’s tour. Tickets are $75 for a regular Patron attendee or you can become a Golden Patron for $100. Your Patron Party ticket purchase includes a Sunday House Tour ticket valued at $20 and a portion of your purchase is tax-deductible. Enjoy the best evening party in town while supporting the Lakewood Historical Society.
This year’s house boasts spectacular features, lovely gardens, and a fabulous view of a secluded cove and the Cleveland skyline. Treat yourself to a scrumptious selection of hors d’oeuvres and desserts, and sip a glass of wine or an ice-cold beer while mingling under the stars with friends and fellow supporters of the Society. There will also be a silent auction, and the winner of the “Instant Wine Cellar” raffle will be drawn during the evening.
Patron Party tickets can be purchased by mail or online as detailed above. You may also call 216.221.7343 or stop in at the Oldest Stone House Museum at 14710 Lake Avenue.
Instant Wine Cellar
Fifty bottles of wine valued at over $1,000 are now being raffled off to become someone’s very own Instant Wine Cellar! Raffle tickets are $5 each or $10 for three tickets. The drawing will be held the night of the House Tour Patron Party on Saturday, September 8. You do not need to be present to win.
Raffle tickets are available at: www.lakewoodhistory.org, Rozi’s Wine House, 14900 Detroit Avenue, or at the Oldest Stone House Museum.
Lakewood Historical Society, Home Tour Committee