Five Earn State Reflections Recognition
Five Lakewood City Schools students have had their creative work recognized as among the best in the state in the National PTA Reflections art recognition program. The five students who received recognition were among 24 entries from the district that merited judging at the state level.
The five students, all earning an Honorable Mention, are:
- Maya George, 3rd grade, Horace Mann Elementary, Visual Arts category
- Matthew Dailey,6th grade, Harding Middle School, Photography category
- Alex Grunder, 8th grade, Harding Middle School, Literature category
- Paula Atfield, 8th grade, Harding Middle School, Literature category
- Renee Klann, 9th grade, Lakewood High, Literature category
The Reflections program offers students from schools with active PTAs the opportunity to create works of art for fun and recognition. Students in preschool through grade 12 are encouraged to submit works in six arts areas: literature, dance choreography, film/video production, musical composition, photography, and the visual arts. All entries must follow a chosen theme, which this year was “Diversity Means….” The top 24 art work pieces sent to state judging were chosen from the more than 100 that were recognized at the district level during a celebration held in January at the Civic Auditorium.