Go To Hell

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bill Call

Go To Hell

Postby Bill Call » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:11 pm

That seems to be the response of City Hall to the legitimate concerns about the closure of Lakewood Hospital.

One of the best letters on the subject was from Brian J Essi. He provided a professional and detailed line by line explanation of the problems with the deal and the concerns of Lakewood Citizens. City Hall's response was, in so many words, to accuse the people of Lakewood of having a hysterical and emotional reaction and to imply that there is no need to address those concerns because the opponents of the destruction of the Hospital are "emotional".

Is that the kind of leadership Lakewood needs?

If the deal is so good why are they refusing to disclose the details?

The only people acting in an emotional manner are the people of City Hall and the people who sit on the Hospital Boards. When they realized the institution they were charged with protecting was failing they panicked. The result of that panic attack was the deal they are trying to force through Council.

Betsy Voinovich

Re: Go To Hell

Postby Betsy Voinovich » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 am

Bill Call wrote:That seems to be the response of City Hall to the legitimate concerns about the closure of Lakewood Hospital.

One of the best letters on the subject was from Brian J Essi. He provided a professional and detailed line by line explanation of the problems with the deal and the concerns of Lakewood Citizens. City Hall's response was, in so many words, to accuse the people of Lakewood of having a hysterical and emotional reaction and to imply that there is no need to address those concerns because the opponents of the destruction of the Hospital are "emotional".

Bill,

I've been meaning to ask you for more details about this. How was City Hall's response expressed, in a letter? At a Council meeting? I haven't heard anything about the people of Lakewood being labeled "hysterical and emotional" --- especially officially. Can you provide more details please?

Thanks.

Betsy Voinovich

Paul Schrimpf

Postby Paul Schrimpf » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:39 am

From his Channel 19 Editorial:

"I was born in Lakewood Hospital. I understand the emotional attachment to this community institution. But now, we need to look forward to the next 100 years of health care delivery. "

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/28697 ... d-hospital

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Betsy Voinovich wrote:
Bill Call wrote:I've been meaning to ask you for more details about this. How was City Hall's response expressed, in a letter? At a Council meeting?

Paul's post includes the Mayors comments.

There have also been comments made by others. People who I will not name who serve for various public or quasi public institutions who all made a similar comment: That opposition to the closure of the Hospital is based on an emotional response. In other words, not based on reason.

Since opponents to the Hospital have provided detailed reasons on why closing the Hospital is a bad idea that response is insulting.

I can be convinced that the Hospital should be closed and replaced with something better but I haven't heard even one concrete proposal.

Mr. Mayor, just answer two questions:

Why would the Cleveland Clinic charge Lakewood Hospital nearly $100 million in administrative fees over a four year period?

Why does Avon, population 22,000, need a hospital?

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”