Tuckpoint Turner

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Bryan Schwegler

Tuckpoint Turner

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 am

Does anyone know this Tuckpoint Turner guy? I'm having a horrendous experience with him and now I can't seem to get ahold of him.

He had no problem taking my money, but apparently is having a problem finishing the job that I paid him for. I've tried calling, but it doesn't even go to voicemail and I've emailed him.

Does anyone here know him or have any idea if this is his normal behavior? My next step I suppose is to take legal action if I can't get it resolved soon.

Either way, I'd say avoid this guy like the plague.

On another note, anyone have any reliable suggestions for masonry repair work? I just need the mortar replaced around the bricks on my front steps.

Stan Austin
Contributor

Re: Tuckpoint Turner

Postby Stan Austin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 pm

Bryan--- I am sorry to hear about this bad business situation. Particularly, because I seem to recall that I recommended this contractor based on his participation in the spring Home Show that the Observer and many of us sponsored and attended.

I have no idea where this character is.

Just as all of us on the Deck take great pride in promoting a brand new business (gelato anyone?) so, too, we have the concurrent responsibility to point out as you have here situations where someone has broken our trust.

I'll scout around for a good masonry person and in the meantime I certainly applaud your obvious pride in maintaining your digs!

Stan

Glenn Palmer

Postby Glenn Palmer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Just had Dan and David finish replacing some damaged and missing brick. They did a great job matching the color of the mortar to the original and finding used bricks that matched the building. Great work.

Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Yeah he finally finished my job but only after I got the BBB involved. It's no wonder this guy has a F rating with the BBB.

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”