Aye Carrumba! Two New Restaurants Opening In Lakewood

Businesses and consumers are encouraged to post and update information about any local business.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Ryan Salo

Re: Aye Carrumba! Two New Restaurants Opening In Lakewood

Postby Ryan Salo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 am

Cozumel's is OPEN!! Today is their first day and the food was great!!!

Ryan Salo
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:56 am

Cozumel is great - my wife & I ate there last night, and it's as good as their other locations! They also do takeout.

16512 Detroit Ave. (old IHOP building)
216-228-1415

New Website/Blog: dlayphoto.com
stephen davis

Postby stephen davis » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am

I haven't been to this one yet, but I recommend their Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas.

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street.
Used to be the heart of town.
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.
You just gotta poke around.

Robert Hunter/Sometimes attributed to Ezra Pound.
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:49 am

Danielle Masters wrote:Do they use ground beef or is it shredded?

Both; it depends on what you order. My wife ordered Beef Chimichangas, which had shredded beef. I ordered Enchilada Super Rancheras, which has 5 Enchiladas: ground beef, chicken, shredded beef, bean & cheese.

Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:07 am

Fabulous David! We have ordered far too many chimichangas in Ohio that are made with ground beef and we've gotten pretty turned off by Mexican restaurants out here, which is due to the fact I am a west coaster and he is from the southwest. So my husband will be pleased to hear this info. And since they also have sopapillas we are going to have to bring the entire family in soon.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 am

First

Their Carnitas is one of the finest pork dishes I have ever eaten. Well at least in their other restaurants. But everything is good.

BUT

And it was a big BUT, I noticed latest night heading home from a Parma Observer meeting that their
brookpark location which is pictured in the first couple images is now closed. This could possibly mean
that they moved here as opposed to opening here. If that is the case do we owe Brookpark 50% of
the taxes generated as was laid out by the hillbilly half a regional plan we signed 6 years ago? This
was to stop suburb jumping, and the only communities that actually signed on were those losing
businesses to the burbs. But the burbs that we swallowing them up did not sign in.

This is not slam on Cozumel, but wondering if we are losing out once again, as we did with Cleveland
Scooters.

The city will love Thursday night here with their cheap margarita night!

I wish them success, and hope Brookpark was not in the pact.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:22 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:And it was a big BUT, I noticed latest night heading home from a Parma Observer meeting that their
brookpark location which is pictured in the first couple images is now closed. This could possibly mean
that they moved here as opposed to opening here. If that is the case do we owe Brookpark 50% of
the taxes generated as was laid out by the hillbilly half a regional plan we signed 6 years ago? This
was to stop suburb jumping, and the only communities that actually signed on were those losing
businesses to the burbs. But the burbs that we swallowing them up did not sign in.

Good point. We did go to the Brookpark location pretty frequently - great there's a Lakewood location now, but at what cost?

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 am

David Lay wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:And it was a big BUT, I noticed latest night heading home from a Parma Observer meeting that their

Good point. We did go to the Brookpark location pretty frequently - great there's a Lakewood location now, but at what cost?

David

I am not that worried about Brookpark, but was wondering if, as some of us pondered when the
deal was signed, will this be good for Lakewood. A nightmare scenario is Lakewood filing up with
businesses that only pay 50% of their taxes to us, while 50% goes to Cleveland, Euclid, Brookpark,
etc.

Can we get out of this? When it was talked about it I know Bill Call and myself were saying why
even talk about this until Westlake, Bay, Solon, Independence sign? Of course they never did.
As Bill points out in another thread, this region has been filled with damn near as many businesses
pushing regionalism as regular businesses. We have been bombarded with so many faux stories
and silly ass facts that make regionalism look like the cure for our cancer, that it is ridiculous. And
has been pointed out many times, if one of the big pushes for regionalism is "one government," "stop
redundencies and waste" and move ahead, then why do we need so many businesses making huge
sums of money and funding being redundant with their message and goals?

Snake oil, all snake oil. 15 years of talk ZERO critical thinking.

With that said, good family good food, and the Brookpark staff were always fun, courteous, and
serving up good food and drinks.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:56 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:With that said, good family good food, and the Brookpark staff were always fun, courteous, and
serving up good food and drinks.

Agreed. We've eaten at the Brunswick, Brookpark and now Lakewood locations, and the food and service have been consistently great.

Missy Limkemann

Postby Missy Limkemann » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:25 am

I wonder if they have carry out. With my youngest suffering from pneumonia and a bunch of other things I really don't want to venture out with him, but he really wants to try their food. He has been dying to go there since he heard it was coming. I would love to bring that home for him tonight in hopes of cheering him up.

Time is precious, waste is wisely
David Lay

Postby David Lay » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:50 am

Missy Limkemann wrote:I wonder if they have carry out.

They do have takeout. Look at my earlier post for their phone number.

Missy Limkemann

Postby Missy Limkemann » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:12 am

Thank you so much. I don't know how I missed that. I know what is for dinner tonight!!! WHOO HOOO!!!! :D

Time is precious, waste is wisely
Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Finally made it in there tonight. We sat at the bar with some friends and I was happy with the food. It was definitely better than any of the other mexican restaurants around here. We also ordered dessert and it was fantastic. I was also very happy with the service. It's a welcome addition to the other wonderful establishments in Lakewood.

Return to “Lakewood Businesses”