LAKEWOOD ALIVE - What is next?

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

LAKEWOOD ALIVE - What is next?

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:20 am

Mary Anne Crampton, and other LA members

I was impressed with the last three meetings from Lakewood Alive. They were nothing like I imagined when they were first announced. The number of ideas for Lakewood generated in these discussions were truly spectacular, and what the city and the residents need.

What's next?

Will there be a print form of the meetings? If so I would love to run some of it here. It is something every Lakewoodite needs to hear and know about. What about the broadcast dates on 74? Would we be allowed to record and podcast them? How can we all keep the conversation alive?

Mary Anne thank you for the hard work. I know as a member of the new Emerald Canyon Historical District, it will not be wasted information.

Jim O'Bryan

Mary Anne Crampton

Postby Mary Anne Crampton » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:17 am

We are so glad to hear that you considered the housing forum valuable. The feedback from those who attended has been terrific.

Both forums were taped by Lakewood Schools. Our experience in December suggests that it will be a week or two before they are broadcast on Channel 74. Doug Bunsey does a fantastic job of editing for broadcast (synching slides, adding speaker titles, etc) and he is a one man show over there... we know it takes time. As soon as we have a broadcast schedule, we will be looking for help in getting the word out...so I'll be sure to let the Observer know!

Ken Warren offered to have copies of the DVD made (and Jim, thanks for your offer to make those copies!) to be available for lending at the library. Recording and podcasting seems like an idea we should consider....let's talk.

We do not have print copy of the speeches.

As far as "what next" is concerned, our committee will be meeting in May to discuss. We have several ideas to consider, as we did before choosing housing as a forum topic. We will consider relevancy and resources in terms of our mission and goals in deciding where we go from here.

Thanks again for your supportive comments.

Mary Anne

Stan Austin
Contributor

Postby Stan Austin » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:25 am

Mary Anne---I found the Lakewood Alive meeting on Tuesday to be a genuine learning experience. I also was quite impressed with the level of production in the committee's presentation. There was a lot of quiet humming along to the intro song, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young "Our House."

Stan Austin

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”