Fitzgerald campaign elections violations.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

sharon kinsella

Postby sharon kinsella » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:37 pm

Darrin -

Do and say what you will.

Ed's a saint. The sun rises and falls with his consent. He has the utmost respect for all. He has original thoughts. He will make Lakewood into the garden of eden. He will build a fence to protect this town.

A chicken in every pot, a bullet in every gun, the sky is falling. We're all going to He** in a hand basket. He is an example to us all and the biggest crime fighter since Wyatt Earp.

I am a liar and a charlatan. I know nothing of the man with the plan. The truth falls from his lips like pearls and he will part the waters of Lake Erie.

Darrin whoever you are, friend of Ed'. Good luck to you. Buyer beware. You get what you pay for. As you sow, so shall you reap.

I write fiction, my real name is Stephen King.

PS. I love my glass house, but the cost of Windex is killing me.

"When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid." - Audre Lorde
Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:46 pm

Sharon -

All I ever asked for was a straight answer. You're obviously incapable of that.

I guess you're right - you are what you are. And you fit right in with Tom's strategy - flawed.

pat ballasch

10/31/07 mailing from TJ

Postby pat ballasch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:11 pm

Just received the new Tom G mail piece." From fiscal crisis to financial stability" I have a memory & Tom came in as mayor with a large surplus. I've been to recent council meetings where the budget was the main topic & the administration has been on the edge of going into the RED for the last year. One example was the city self insuring workers comp. At the time they were underfunding the self insurance reserve fund. At the last budget discussion where I was present, the administration rep. mentioned a state audit where Lakewood had problems. At that time the figure for funds on hand at year end were $90 thousand. Not the 1 million stated in Toms latest mailing piece. Who's writing this material?

Pat Ballasch
Diane Helbig

Postby Diane Helbig » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:45 pm

So what were the results of the meeting this morning at 10???????

inquiring minds want to know.

Diane Hope Helbig
stephen davis

Postby stephen davis » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:01 pm

Darrin Rosebrook wrote:Sharon -

All I ever asked for was a straight answer. You're obviously incapable of that.

I guess you're right - you are what you are. And you fit right in with Tom's strategy - flawed.

Darrin,

I can understand your beef with Sharon, but why are you so motivated to blast Tom George. Don't you live in the Columbus area?

I've seen you go on about George's campaign finances and TV commercials. (Do you see his commercials on Columbus stations?)

I like to keep up on things, but I must admit that I know nothing of Columbus area politics, so I'm just curious about your strong emotional involvement in Lakewood's mayoral race, I mean, other than Sharon.

Steve

Nothin' shakin' on Shakedown Street.
Used to be the heart of town.
Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart.
You just gotta poke around.

Robert Hunter/Sometimes attributed to Ezra Pound.
Brian Pedaci

Postby Brian Pedaci » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:50 pm

If George were to somehow (miraculously) get reelected tomorrow, and FitzGerald is cleared of the charges which hizzoner has made the centerpiece of his campaign, what kind of credibility does he suspect he'll carry into a second term? Sometimes it's better to lose with grace than win ugly.

It's amazing to see the energy and drive that an incumbent politician can muster when faced with defeat. Where has this spunk and fire been the past four years?

Diane - I thought the commission would deliberate on the findings of the hearing and not release their findings until after the election.

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:56 pm

It appears as though there were a number of people who attended the hearings. We're trying to get first-hand information of what happened.

Susan Hagan

Postby Susan Hagan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:04 pm

If/When anyone finds out, I suggest starting a new thread.

Lynn Farris

Postby Lynn Farris » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:42 pm

I'm curious to hear what happened. My assumption is that it couldn't be anything too dramatic or we would have heard about it by now. When is the other hearing about Mayor George's elections violations.?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~ George Carlin

Return to “2007 Lakewood Mayoral Election”