Real Estate Questions

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Maggie Fraley

Real Estate Questions

Postby Maggie Fraley » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 pm

Realty Reality... or everything you ever wanted to know about Real Estate and were afraid to ask!

I'd like your feedback because I'll be submitting a new monthly article beginning in March, answering those questions from all of you readers with interest in this subject. I truly welcome your inquiries (Come on...I know you have some!) and I'll go to the experts- brokers, title companies, lenders, inspectors, etc. etc. to get those 'observations' that will be helpful to you and to all of our neighbors here in Lakewood.

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Sat May 05, 2007 5:25 pm

I am not selling or buying right now (just did both) but am wondering with the housing market the way it is, and many losing money on their house when they sell, is there a standard rate realtors are selling for? I know it used to be 6%, then somehow became 7% on the first and 5% on the second, but are most realtors going back to 6% since homeowners are taking such a hit?

I also heard that some realtors won't show a house that is offering 3% as opposed to 3 1/2%. Is this really true?

Thank you.

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
J Hrlec

Postby J Hrlec » Wed May 16, 2007 5:42 pm

Here's a fairly general question...are property values dropping in Lakewood?

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Wed May 16, 2007 5:49 pm

I am not the real estate agent but while I am waiting for my answer I can tell you we bought a house 8 years ago for $132 and sold it for $140 with extras added and move-in condition. Two years ago we could have gotten a lot more, as a neighbor with a smaller house did. The property values were high five years ago and seemed to have dropped significantly since, as they have throughout Ohio with the loss of jobs, etc. The house we bought the previous owner took a hit over twenty grand but it had some fixing to do too. That is my two cents but will wait for the "official" answer.

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Wed May 16, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm a big fan of Zillow.com. It has lots of useful information on housing values, etc.

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”