Porch Planter Boxes

Have questions? Answers? Experiences to share?

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Charlie Page

Danielle Masters

Porch Planter Boxes

Postby Danielle Masters » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:12 pm

My parents are looking for those large planter boxes that some people use a fences on their porches. Does anyone know of anyone that makes them? Any information would be appreciated.

Joe Ott

Postby Joe Ott » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:59 am

Danielle,

Just curious, what dimensions are you looking for (length-width-height)? Painted or not painted? How many? How soon are they needed?

Those questions aside, if I wanted to buy them I would first look at Petitti Garden Center then Gales, then Lowes, and lastly Home Cheapo to see what they have. I hear the new Petitti Garden Center in Avon is really nice. I've only been to the one in Strongsville and it's worth the drive. I think I've seen those at Petitti's.

Joe

Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:42 am

Thanks Joe. The first place they checked was Petitti's. They've already checked the other garden and home stores. I am not sure how big but they want them to be used as a barrier on the porch so they would be rather large. I think they are just going to have to hire someone to make them, anyone interested?

Joe Ott

Postby Joe Ott » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:58 am

Too bad they can't find something. They probably checked Gales, right? What about Cahoon nursery?

So are your folks looking for something that is painted (or would be painted) or made from a species of wood meant not to be painted? Also, are these for a typical Lakewood sized porch?

Also, I just googled "planter boxes cleveland" and came up with a few Cleveland area deck builders that show they make custom planter boxes too. FWIW.

Joe

Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:58 am

Thanks Joe. They are having a deck built in a couple of months. I will check and see if the builder can also build the boxes.

Jeff Endress

Postby Jeff Endress » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Danielle

Actually saw some at the River Home Cheapo (thanks for the name, Joe), in the seasonal garden dept (far west end of the store). But as is usually the case, there was no posted price. Also had some nice terra cotta ones that would work on a deck.

Jeff

To wander this country and this world looking for the best barbecue â€â€
Danielle Masters

Postby Danielle Masters » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:10 am

Thanks Jeff. I will send them over there to check it out.

Return to “Lakewood House Talk”