Wireless Lakewood League

Discussion area following the Lakewood Technology Summit meetings.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Bryan Schwegler

Wireless Lakewood League

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:40 am

I noticed the website for the Wireless Lakewood League and was intrigued. Is this a function of the Observer or the Library, or both perhaps?

Does Wireless Lakewood do alot of promotion with business?

Any greater plans for the website? Perhaps more content, better organized?

I just think it's a cool concept. I see the website as a portal for both visitors and residents to find wireless-friendly business and for businesses to find out how to become part of the phenomenon.

Do Wireless Lakewood business members get any kind of decal or logo they can put in their windows?

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Wireless Lakewood League

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:03 am

Bryan Schwegler wrote:I noticed the website for the Wireless Lakewood League and was intrigued. Is this a function of the Observer or the Library, or both perhaps?

Does Wireless Lakewood do alot of promotion with business?

Any greater plans for the website? Perhaps more content, better organized?

I just think it's a cool concept. I see the website as a portal for both visitors and residents to find wireless-friendly business and for businesses to find out how to become part of the phenomenon.

Do Wireless Lakewood business members get any kind of decal or logo they can put in their windows?

Bryan

This is the brain child of John Guscott at Lakewood Library.

John is incredibly sharp on many tech subjects.

The Lakewood Observer has been working on a plan to bring wireless to all of our advertisers. Which we feel would be enough to create a corridor down Detroit and most of Madison.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:13 am

I'm hoping that John will write about this in the Observer, because this is the first I'm reading about it and I know that Lakewood businesses will be interested in being listed!

Bryan Schwegler

Postby Bryan Schwegler » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:31 am

dl meckes wrote:I'm hoping that John will write about this in the Observer, because this is the first I'm reading about it and I know that Lakewood businesses will be interested in being listed!

Absolutely, I agree.

Here's an interesting article today from MSNBC that states currently 34% of computer users are Wireless and it's set to rise dramatically:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17336038/

Return to “Lakewood Technology”