If We Only Had a Hospital!

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Bridget Conant

If We Only Had a Hospital!

Postby Bridget Conant » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:07 pm

Across the country, smaller community hospitals are being repurposed to serve the Covid-19 patients that must be isolated. This dedicated service will allow caregivers to focus on these patients and minimize potential to exposure to other patients not yet exposed.

Sounds like a great idea.

Perhaps one that Lakewood might have been able to offer had we still had our “bricks and mortar.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wspa.com/news/prisma-health-north-greenville-hospital-to-transition-into-facility-dedicated-to-potential-covid-19-patients-officials-say/amp/

https://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2020/03/17/carney-hospital-in-dorchester-to-be-nations-first-dedicated-covid-19-hospital

Meg Ostrowski

Re: If We Only Had a Hospital!

Postby Meg Ostrowski » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Bridget Conant wrote:Across the country, smaller community hospitals are being repurposed to serve the Covid-19 patients that must be isolated. This dedicated service will allow caregivers to focus on these patients and minimize potential to exposure to other patients not yet exposed.

Sounds like a great idea.

Perhaps one that Lakewood might have been able to offer had we still had our “bricks and mortar.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wspa.com/news/prisma-health-north-greenville-hospital-to-transition-into-facility-dedicated-to-potential-covid-19-patients-officials-say/amp/

https://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2020/03/17/carney-hospital-in-dorchester-to-be-nations-first-dedicated-covid-19-hospital

It's not too late. With a site nearly ready for construction, the Three Arches & Healthy Lakewood Foundations, CCF and our new administration could probably put together a deal that would leave the developer sighing with relief.

“There could be anywhere from 1 to over 50,000 Lakewoods at any time. I’m good with any of those numbers, as long as it’s just not 2 Lakewoods.” -Stephen Davis
Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Meg Ostrowski wrote:It's not too late. With a site nearly ready for construction, the Three Arches & Healthy Lakewood Foundations, CCF and our new administration could probably put together a deal that would leave the developer sighing with relief.

Meg

Actually it probably is too late.

All health care providers went on without us.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Meg Ostrowski

Postby Meg Ostrowski » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:30 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
Meg Ostrowski wrote:It's not too late. With a site nearly ready for construction, the Three Arches & Healthy Lakewood Foundations, CCF and our new administration could probably put together a deal that would leave the developer sighing with relief.

Meg

Actually it probably is too late.

All health care providers went on without us.

Why so dismissive? We are facing an impending demand for increasing healthcare services. Even a temporary facility would be better than nothing to help get us through this crisis.

“There could be anywhere from 1 to over 50,000 Lakewoods at any time. I’m good with any of those numbers, as long as it’s just not 2 Lakewoods.” -Stephen Davis
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:14 pm

Two questions:

1. Did Lakewood Hospital have ventilators?
2. If so, where are those ventilators now?

Kate McCarthy

Postby Kate McCarthy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:07 pm

I recall the deal that was struck forbid a hospital, etc be built on the property. This all makes me sick. They sold this nonsense to voters via fear and lies to end up with a Lakewood tax payer prepared brownfield in downtown heading into a recession. Congratulations Build Lakewood et al. Please be sure and take a bow in front of the downtown Lakewood pit.

Kate McCarthy

Postby Kate McCarthy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:08 pm

I recall the deal that was struck forbid a hospital, etc be built on the property. This all makes me sick. They sold this nonsense to voters via fear and lies to end up with a Lakewood tax payer prepared brownfield in downtown heading into a recession. Congratulations Build Lakewood et al. Please be sure and take a bow in front of the downtown Lakewood pit.

cameron karslake

Postby cameron karslake » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:51 pm

All this, and the Cleveland Clinic now says that

Ohio needs to DOUBLE or TRIPLE our hospital capacity!

Absolutely incredible, how did our "leaders" become such fools?

How could the Clinic be so wrong with their "healthcare is changing" BS?

(We all know the answer and that is that to the Clinic it's all about $, NOT PEOPLE!)

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm

cameron karslake wrote:All this, and the Cleveland Clinic now says that

Ohio needs to DOUBLE or TRIPLE our hospital capacity!

Absolutely incredible, how did our "leaders" become such fools?

How could the Clinic be so wrong with their "healthcare is changing" BS?

(We all know the answer and that is that to the Clinic it's all about $, NOT PEOPLE!)

Cameron

Health Care is changing. I do not every remember CCF us telling us we didn't need hospital/ They only spoke of what was coming.

While I agree CCF is a corporation, and care about the $$$$.

This one is fully on the shoulders of our elected and civic leaders at the time.

CCF has kept their word and more every inch of the way. Can you say the same for our elected officials that were responsible?

I posted the sketch of the full service hospital CCF wanted to build, but our elected officials and civic leaders wanted a Rec Center, then a strip mall.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
ryan costa

Postby ryan costa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:59 pm

the Corona Virus has a high transmission rate and a very low fatality rate.
The infected have a high rate of zero or mild symptoms.
That means it will probably be in the population permanently.

"shall we have peace" - Henry Charles Carey
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:53 pm

the Corona Virus has a high transmission rate and a very low fatality rate.

FALSE

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”