Pam Wetula Has Died - Godspeed

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Pam Wetula Has Died - Godspeed

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Last night long time LO member and Lakewood activist Pam Wetula passed away.

From her facebook page and longtime friend Lisa Mortensen...
It's not everyday we are blessed to meet someone who is wise, kind, generous, caring, talented, devoted, supportive, and unceasingly working for the good of others. Although we haven't seen each other in a a while, Pam, you have always remained in my heart. Your influence in my life, and the life of my family has been profound - and will never fade. I can't believe you are gone. I wish I could have gotten one last hug, and a chance to say goodbye. My heart is breaking. — with Pam Wetula.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Peter Grossetti

Re: Pam Wetula Has Died - Godspeed

Postby Peter Grossetti » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 pm

May her soul know eternal peace.

I had the pleasure of working with Pam at Beck Center many moons ago. Lakewood is blessed to have teachers like Pam. She was so committed to her craft and her music/theater students ... coupled with the ability to pass it on with such awe-inspiring passion!

Rest well, dear lady.

"So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we're together we might as well say:
Would you be mine? Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?"

~ Fred (Mr. Rogers) Rogers
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:14 pm

What a loss.

Pam Wetula was a kind and giving person who loved Lakewood and worked to make it better.

She was informed and articulate. Even when she disagreed with someone, she treated them with respect.

Condolences to her family and many friends.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:16 pm

I don't do condolences well and for Pam I truly have no words. She was such a dependable friend. This is a terrible loss for all of us.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
pj bennett

Postby pj bennett » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:36 pm

I only knew Pam, as being one of the main drivers behind the Save Lakewood Hospital group. She would often take on, a far bigger load than anyone thought she could carry.... and somehow, she always managed. To know, that she has passed, is truly hard for me to believe. I really thought, that she'd go on forever.

Pam, May this new journey be filled with peace...

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:11 am

A Genuine Civic Leader

I never met Pam, but I want to take a moment to note that Pam Wetula was probably the most important civic leader that Lakewood has seen in the past 5 years.

I was not a member of the Save Lakewood Hospital organization, but with the risks of a pending COVID-19 pandemic in play we now all know that the efforts of that organization should still be applauded.

Accolades to Pam Wetula for her leadership and her efforts to save our hospital.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”