The Fork In The Road

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

cmager

Re: The Fork In The Road

Postby cmager » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:39 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:The Bottom Line
Excellent job, my fellow Democrats!

Democrats in name only.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:32 am

I'm sorry Mr. Mager, these elected officials are simply not registered Republicans. They are registered Democrats, just like I am.

We witness their long-term policy outcomes. I criticize them as a life-long Democrat, not as a Republican.

Calling them "DINO" does not advance the debate (much).

They have to take ownership in their participation in these outcomes.

cmager

Postby cmager » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:I'm sorry Mr. Mager, these elected officials are simply not registered Republicans. They are registered Democrats, just like I am. We witness their long-term policy outcomes. I criticize them as a life-long Democrat, not as a Republican. Calling them "DINO" does not advance the debate (much). They have to take ownership in their participation in these outcomes.

I understand your point, and they do have to own it. At the risk of belaboring it...
** Summers is a life-long registered Republican.
** One or more of Team Summers is a Koch-ster.
** The C-Level corporatists at the Cleveland Clinic cannot be anything but Republican - and their enablers and sycophants.
** Their tactics are straight from the playbook used by Republicans in Arizona and in Republican majority locations across the country. Privatize and profitize. Appalling.
** Adopting the label of "Democrat" simply gets their foot in the door into NE Ohio politics. They get automatic votes that way. Republicans do not have that same purchase in NEO.

DINO

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:02 am

Mark Kindt wrote:The Bottom Line

A two bedroom apartment at Center North costs over $1700 per month.

That would require a combined household income around $82,000 per year to afford.

No ordinary resident can afford to finance a townhouse at One Lakewood Place.

And, worse, few ordinary residents will be able to afford to rent an apartment there either.

Let's demolish our hospital, spend $7,000,000 in clean-up, donate the hospital land for $1.00 -- All -- Just so we can have luxury housing most residents can never afford.

Excellent job, my fellow Democrats!

The headline feature in the Plain Dealer today is on the issue of rental housing affordability.

I encourage all elected officials in Lakewood to take the time to read this article.

Why has Lakewood adopted economic development policies that structurally exclude the majority of residents from new luxury housing supported with public assets, public funds, and public land?

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 am

Coming Soon. Uniformity That No One Can Afford.

Thanks to Mr. O'Bryan for sharing this recent photo.

Unaffordable Uniformity.jpg
Unaffordable Uniformity.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 17092 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Public Relations Myth-Tracking

Last Lakewood myth -- "Healthcare is Changing."

Newest Lakewood myth -- "Empty-Nesters want a 'lock & leave' Lifestyle"

Mr. Summers surfaced the newest myth in his comments about the new cluster-homes to be built on Lake Avenue quoted in the press recently.

Let's not forget that he is only describing affluent empty-nesters, like himself and his peers, who can afford half-a-million dollars for a new cluster-home.

Wishing them all the best in their high-end town homes.

How about this tag-line?

"Lakewood is changing and you, yes, you, won't be able to afford to live here."

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:33 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:Public Relations Myth-Tracking

Last Lakewood myth -- "Healthcare is Changing."

Newest Lakewood myth -- "Empty-Nesters want a 'lock & leave' Lifestyle"

Mr. Summers surfaced the newest myth in his comments about the new cluster-homes to be built on Lake Avenue quoted in the press recently.

Let's not forget that he is only describing affluent empty-nesters, like himself and his peers, who can afford half-a-million dollars for a new cluster-home.

Wishing them all the best in their high-end town homes.

How about this tag-line?

"Lakewood is changing and you, yes, you, won't be able to afford to live here."

Structural Exclusion of Seniors, Veterans, Union Members, Teachers and Average Families.jpg
Structural Exclusion of Seniors, Veterans, Union Members, Teachers and Average Families.jpg (159.71 KiB) Viewed 16740 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 am

The current Lakewood median home sale price is $178,000 not $500,000.

Our City tore down its largest public asset in order to build townhouses for the wealthy, that no ordinary person will ever be able to afford.

What is wrong with that picture?

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:16 am

Mark Kindt wrote:The current Lakewood median home sale price is $178,000 not $500,000.

Our City tore down its largest public asset in order to build townhouses for the wealthy, that no ordinary person will ever be able to afford.

Why has Lakewood adopted economic development policies that structurally exclude the majority of residents from new luxury housing supported with public assets, public funds, and public land?

Perhaps those running for elective office in Lakewood in 2019 can answer this question.

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:28 am

957AB195-33A3-4789-9E89-7C174A1FB535.jpeg
957AB195-33A3-4789-9E89-7C174A1FB535.jpeg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 16648 times

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:15 pm

Ms. Conant, with this election, I hope that we can finally move beyond the perpetuation on encrusted cronyism.

Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Mark Kindt wrote:Ms. Conant, with this election, I hope that we can finally move beyond the perpetuation of encrusted cronyism.

Today, I am very cross-eyed from proofreading my other legalese.

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:27 am

Let's not forget that there was a push to oust, "those people", who used Lakewood Hospital. And while our government squandered our assets, they made sure to push the changes in the city charter that eliminated all the hospital references and the directive that said, in plain English, that the foundation money was to go into the City's coffers for the benefit of all of the citizens of Lakewood, rather than whisk that money away to another foundation.

It's unconscionable.

“One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”- 45
Mark Kindt

Postby Mark Kindt » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 am

Sometimes the Fork In The Road is obvious to all who see it.

Hospital Demolition.jpg
Hospital Demolition.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 15700 times

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”