BOMBSHELL LAID BARE: Thompson Hine's Debbie Read Hired Huron to Help Close Hosp--Trick Anderson et al

This is a storage area for FACTS that have been found during the two year fight with City Hall for Public Documents. These are being posted for reference and historical purposes only. We encourage any conversations about these documents n "Lakewood General Discussion." Here you will find the Highlight the lie, with the document proven the lie.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

BOMBSHELL LAID BARE: Thompson Hine's Debbie Read Hired Huron to Help Close Hosp--Trick Anderson et al

Postby Brian Essi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 pm

The beginning usually determines the end.

And that pretty much says it all in the case of the Huron Consulting engagement.

The attached public records--previously concealed--show that Thompson Hine's then Managing Partner, Debbie Read, initially engaged with Huron consulting to:

1. "support the city in their negotiations with the [Cleveland Clinic]."
2. Use Huron's expertise in "dozens of municipal-owned hospital deals and engagements in which the acute care hospital is converted to an outpatient center."

The record below confirms that Attorney Read then introduced Huron to the City.

David Anderson had spent weeks pushing for an independent consultant.

Anderson and the public were told that Huron was hired to conduct that independent assessment, not work to close the hospital.

Rather, Anderson and the public were sold out by sneaky lawyers like Butler hiding behind the cloak of mis-asserted attorney-client privilege.

Recall that Butler initially withheld the records below (and thousands of others) claiming they were protected by a Joint Defense Agreement and that Huron was somehow a trial consultant.

So, Butler and Thompson Hine spent $75,000 of taxpayer money pulling one over on the public.

Huron Hired to Trick Anderson Done.jpg
Huron Hired to Trick Anderson Done.jpg (264.73 KiB) Viewed 45543 times

Debbie Read Sells Out Lakewood.jpg
Debbie Read Sells Out Lakewood.jpg (214.18 KiB) Viewed 45543 times

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Stan Austin
Contributor

Re: BOMBSHELL LAID BARE: Thompson Hine's Debbie Read Hired Huron to Help Close Hosp--Trick Anderson et al

Postby Stan Austin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Am I being naive in my expectation that Lakewood Police Chief Malley when presented with probable cause would commence an investigation? I think the credibility of the Lakewood Police Department could be at issue here.
Stan Austin

Mark Kindt

Re: BOMBSHELL LAID BARE: Thompson Hine's Debbie Read Hired Huron to Help Close Hosp--Trick Anderson et al

Postby Mark Kindt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm

The hospital debacle was "baked" to finality in many different directions.

I had long believed that Huron was actually, more or less, independent and neutral, but largely tainted by the prior Subsidium work product.

In document after document, Mr. Essi has proven me to be wrong on Huron.

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Brian Essi wrote:The beginning usually determines the end.

And that pretty much says it all in the case of the Huron Consulting engagement.

The attached public records--previously concealed--show that Thompson Hine's then Managing Partner, Debbie Read, initially engaged with Huron consulting to:

2. Use Huron's expertise in "dozens of municipal-owned hospital deals and engagements in which the acute care hospital is converted to an outpatient center."

Anderson and the public were told that Huron was hired to conduct that independent assessment, not work to close the hospital.

Rather, Anderson and the public were sold out by sneaky lawyers like Butler hiding behind the cloak of mis-asserted attorney-client privilege.

Recall that Butler initially withheld the records below (and thousands of others) claiming they were protected by a Joint Defense Agreement and that Huron was somehow a trial consultant.

So, Butler and Thompson Hine spent $75,000 of taxpayer money pulling one over on the public.

" David Anderson had spent weeks pushing for an independent consultant."
'' Anderson and the public were told that Huron was hired to conduct that independent assessment, not work to close the hospital."
"Rather, Anderson and the public were sold out by sneaky lawyers like Butler hiding behind the cloak of mis-asserted attorney-client privilege."

Eagerly awaiting David Anderson's public outrage and condemnation over what transpired.
I can't wait for him to confront Kevin Butler, Lakewood's Legal Eagle, over the shabby way he and the rest of council were treated.
Hey Dan O'Malley perhaps you could take a break from fallen trees and updates on The Daughters of the American Revolution pot luck dinners and way in on something that really matters.
You know things like honesty and integrity, truth and transparency.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:28 pm

m buckley wrote:

" David Anderson had spent weeks pushing for an independent consultant."
'' Anderson and the public were told that Huron was hired to conduct that independent assessment, not work to close the hospital."
"Rather, Anderson and the public were sold out by sneaky lawyers like Butler hiding behind the cloak of mis-asserted attorney-client privilege."

Eagerly awaiting David Anderson's public outrage and condemnation over what transpired.
I can't wait for him to confront Kevin Butler, Lakewood's Legal Eagle, over the shabby way he and the rest of council were treated.
Hey Dan O'Malley perhaps you could take a break from fallen trees and updates on The Daughters of the American Revolution pot luck dinners and way in on something that really matters.
You know things like honesty and integrity, truth and transparency.

Mr. Buckley,

There are textbooks written about how Mr. Anderson might come to terms with being conned out of his vote that gave away the hospital and sold out the most vulnerable citizens among us.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-cope-w ... et-it-back

How do you cope with being scammed and losing a lot of money knowing you will not get it back?

Here are a few steps from the Fraud Aid Library--"Coping With the Aftermath of a Fraud" http://www.fraudaid.com/library/articles/12_steps.htm

The Toughest: STOP BLAMING YOURSELF AND PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS - ON THE PERSON WHO CONNED YOU! Focus your anger toward of the ones who used you unmercifully with no concern for the consequences to you.

Don't beat yourself up. Say this out loud as many times a day and for as many days as it takes to stop feeling miserable: "Okay, I made a mistake. Now, let's move on."

Decide now: where are you going from here? What is the first thing you have to do to get there?

What are you waiting for? DO IT!

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 am

Stan Austin wrote:Am I being naive in my expectation that Lakewood Police Chief Malley when presented with probable cause would commence an investigation? I think the credibility of the Lakewood Police Department could be at issue here.
Stan Austin

Do you mean an investigation into whether Butler, Thompson Hine and Summers used taxpayer money to hire and direct a city consultant to help Summers and Butler destroy a $150M taxpayer assets in order to direct about $15M to benefit of their friend, Ed Fitzgerald's development project?

I should think that the Lakewood Chief of Police would refer that matter to a department more equipped to handle public corruption--like the FBI, Ohio Attorney General, Ohio State Auditor or County Prosecutor's White Collar Crime Division. I am not experienced in criminal law enforcement, but I don't think the credibility of LPD is at issue.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Brian Essi wrote:
Stan Austin wrote:Am I being naive in my expectation that Lakewood Police Chief Malley when presented with probable cause would commence an investigation? I think the credibility of the Lakewood Police Department could be at issue here.
Stan Austin

Do you mean an investigation into whether Butler, Thompson Hine and Summers used taxpayer money to hire and direct a city consultant to help Summers and Butler destroy a $150M taxpayer assets in order to direct about $15M to benefit of their friend, Ed Fitzgerald's development project?

I should think that the Lakewood Chief of Police would refer that matter to a department more equipped to handle public corruption--like the FBI, Ohio Attorney General, Ohio State Auditor or County Prosecutor's White Collar Crime Division. I am not experienced in criminal law enforcement, but I don't think the credibility of LPD is at issue.

Does the prosecutors office, which reports to the city law director, who is neck deep in this soup - make the decision to refer this to another law enforcement entity?

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 am

Dan Alaimo wrote:
Brian Essi wrote:
Stan Austin

Does the prosecutors office, which reports to the city law director, who is neck deep in this soup - make the decision to refer this to another law enforcement entity?

Mr. Alaimo,

I get what you are saying---again, I am not a law enforcement expert--I was just responding to Sheriff Austin's suggestion that the LPD's credibility is at stake---I don't think it is---I don't know the process here, but I agree that there is no way the tainted law director here who would be a target of the investigation would do anything that is not self-serving.

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 pm

"David Anderson had spent weeks pushing for an independent consultant."
"Anderson and the public were told that Huron was hired to conduct that independent assessment, not work to close the hospital."

I've been out of town the last couple of weeks could someone point me in the direction of David Anderson's response.
I assume he's offered up a scathing public criticism of the way he and others on city council were treated.

On a not unrelated note.
Hey Dan O'Malley did you catch the spooky window scene at The Roman Fountain.
They really out did themselves this year.
How about an update. You're really good at that kind of thing.
I'm actually beginning to accept it's why we elected you.

Bullock. Marx. Nowlin.
They hid. They lied. They deceived.

Hold them accountable.
Kick them to the curb.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.

Return to “HOSPITAL DEBACLE LAID BARE: What Was Summers/FitzGerlad Admin. Hiding? Let's Take A Look”