How many people actually look at the DECK?

This is where we place discussions and conversations about the Lakewood Observer Observation Deck.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

m buckley

Re: How many people actually look at the DECK?

Postby m buckley » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:44 pm

todd vainisi wrote:
Really? Who cares about such things?

Those who haven't anything better to care about apparently.

Yes, Cameron Karslake. It bothers me that I am recorded on this site under my real name making comments about the mayor about basketball hoops, etc while several other people are free to disparage and insult other users (including myself) from the secrecy of a username.

This is you, right? https://www.linkedin.com/in/cameron-karslake-55919736

I can do that because you are using your real name here. You, like me, are exposed on this website. Some others are not.

Hey Todd, I really like what you did with Cameron. Photo was a great touch.
Don't let anyone tell you it was creepy.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Patrick Wadden

Postby Patrick Wadden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Or is it Michelle Conrad Mager? Who knows? Michelle lives in Cleveland? I don't know. I am just quessing. Participants of the Deck should have to use their full names.

https://m.facebook.com/michelle.conrad. ... =typeahead

Who knows?

Patrick Wadden
Lifelong Lakewoodite and living on Riverway.
Last edited by Patrick Wadden on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

todd vainisi

Postby todd vainisi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:55 pm

The creepy one is YOU, fella/ma'am. The one who can look at pictures of all of us without taking the risk of any of us looking at you.

Patrick Wadden

Postby Patrick Wadden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Keep in mind before you call people creepy. Mike Deneen (LO contributor and snark master) drove by my house last fall and announced to all of Facebook and the Deck that I put a Build Lakewood sign in my front yard. He did this within hours of my sign going in my yard. I was being monitored by Mike Deneen and Save Lakewood Hospital!!!!! I had never met Mr. Deneen and did not have any clue as to who he was when he did this. You can imagine my surprise when I saw his posts on social media that "Pat Wadden has a sign in his front yard". That happened! TAlk about creepy.

Patrick Wadden
Lifelong Lakewoodite

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Patrick Wadden wrote:Keep in mind before you call people creepy. Mike Deneen (LO contributor and snark master) drove by my house last fall and announced to all of Facebook and the Deck that I put a Build Lakewood sign in my front yard. He did this within hours of my sign going in my yard. I was being monitored by Mike Deneen and Save Lakewood Hospital!!!!! I had never met Mr. Deneen and did not have any clue as to who he was when he did this. You can imagine my surprise when I saw his posts on social media that "Pat Wadden has a sign in his front yard". That happened! TAlk about creepy.

False. Your neighbor Stan Austin mentioned that you had a "Build Lakewood" sign in your yard.
I mentioned it on Facebook because at the time you were pretending to be undecided and "looking for information".
That was a popular ploy by Team Summers in 2015.....they would go on the SLH Facebook page under the guise of "undecided", then deliver BL talking points.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:08 pm

I notice that on nights when the Indians win a playoff series, Patrick does a lot of late night posting.
I hope we win the World Series....he'll be a barrel of fun that night!

m buckley

Postby m buckley » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 pm

m buckley wrote:
todd vainisi wrote:
Really? Who cares about such things?

Those who haven't anything better to care about apparently.

Yes, Cameron Karslake. It bothers me that I am recorded on this site under my real name making comments about the mayor about basketball hoops, etc while several other people are free to disparage and insult other users (including myself) from the secrecy of a username.

This is you, right? https://www.linkedin.com/in/cameron-karslake-55919736

I can do that because you are using your real name here. You, like me, are exposed on this website. Some others are not.

Hey Todd, I really like what you did with Cameron. Photo was a great touch.
todd vainisi wrote:

The creepy one is YOU, fella/ma'am. The one who can look at pictures of all of us without taking the risk of any of us looking at you.

Hey Todd, Thanks. That was perfect.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Patrick Wadden

Postby Patrick Wadden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 pm

I'll take that as admission that you monitored my house and reported it back to Facebook and the Deck. Thank you.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Patrick Wadden wrote:I'll take that as admission that you monitored my house and reported it back to Facebook and the Deck. Thank you.

No, it means that I called out your lie about being "undecided" on Facebook.
You claimed to be undecided, I pointed out that you had a yard sign in your yard.
Placing a yard sign is a public declaration of allegiance to one side.....and certainly contradicted your claims at the time of being "undecided" or "just looking for information".
Just like I call out Mike Summers when he masquerades as a Democrat.
Or I call out the "Lakewood Neighborhood News" for being a fake paper.

Deception seems to be a common tactic by Team Summers.

Patrick Wadden

Postby Patrick Wadden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Mike Deneen quote on Facebook last fall. He has since deleted it. "I noticed Wadden has a Build Lakewood sign in his front yard". No mention of Stan. Just 100% creepy stuff from Mike Deneen.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:55 am

I don't think there's a rule that covers this discussion, but it doesn't feel right to me. "Creepy" was a word used here. I agree.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:59 am

While you guys argue about the propriety of using an initial instead of a full name :roll: , I'll tell you what real "creepy" is.

Take a look at the filings in the lawsuit against the Observer. Repeatedly, comments from here, indeed full threads, WITH NAMES OF POSTERS, are cut and pasted and are commented on and attached as "exhibits."

Not only that, but in later motions, additional posts and comments have been added. So we are continually being watched and monitored by the "thought police""," even now, in case we say anything that they think can be used against Jim or the LO.

Now THATS Creepy.

When you post here under your real name, you take a real risk. Political opponents and their operatives know exactly who you are and can retaliate. And they do.

Unfortunately, in this warped town, the alternative of posting under a pseudonym, meant to protect your identity and guard you from retaliation, doesn't stand in their way, as witnessed by the exposure of the identities of many Buzz posters and Cleveland.com posters.

So while you boys argue about someone using an initial for their first name, the real issue, the real creepiness, is the fact that all of you, all of us, who post our opinions are being watched, and some are being retaliated against.

Welcome to Lakewood.

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:26 am

Patrick Wadden wrote:Keep in mind before you call people creepy. Mike Deneen (LO contributor and snark master) drove by my house last fall and announced to all of Facebook and the Deck that I put a Build Lakewood sign in my front yard. He did this within hours of my sign going in my yard. I was being monitored by Mike Deneen and Save Lakewood Hospital!!!!! I had never met Mr. Deneen and did not have any clue as to who he was when he did this. You can imagine my surprise when I saw his posts on social media that "Pat Wadden has a sign in his front yard". That happened! TAlk about creepy.

Patrick Wadden
Lifelong Lakewoodite

Mr. Wadden,

Im sorry to one up you, but:

1. I had twelve (12) Build Lakewood people file police reports against me for a Deck post.
2. One person anonymously report me to the police for how I walk my dogs because of the same Deck post.
3. Toby Cosgrove's chief inside CCF lawyer write me a certified letter threatening me to never go into Lakewood Hospital or talk with my and my kids' CCF doctors because I wrote LHA trustees an email to do their jobs which email I posted on the Deck.

Creepy?

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:39 am

1. I had twelve (12) Build Lakewood people file police reports against me for a Deck post.
2. One person anonymously report me to the police for how I walk my dogs because of the same Deck post.
3. Toby Cosgrove's chief inside CCF lawyer write me a certified letter threatening me to never go into Lakewood Hospital or talk with my and my kids' CCF doctors because I wrote LHA trustees an email to do their jobs which email I posted on the Deck

This is the outrageous response you get in Lakewood for exerting your Constitutional right to speak out about political issues.

Thought police. Lawsuits. Unmasking anonymous posters. Threatening letters and postcards.

Stop the hate.

VOTE AGAINST ISSUE 64.

Return to “Discussions About The Deck”