Brave Lakewood Firefighters Speak Out

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

m buckley

Re: Brave Lakewood Firefighters Speak Out

Postby m buckley » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Perhaps the video on vimeo was in Executive Session.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Bill Grulich

Postby Bill Grulich » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:11 pm

m buckley wrote:Perhaps the video on vimeo was in Executive Session.

Ha! :lol:

Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:31 pm

I trust the firefighters and EMS to tell the truth because they are on the ground and see exactly what's going on.

Do any of you think Summers or Dr Jones know more about this than they do?

Let's return to what the Cleveland Clinic tells us - IN AN EMERGENCY EVERY SECOND COUNTS.

http://giving.clevelandclinic.org/articles/every-second-counts

"Every 15 minutes you can save, you're probably improving a patient’s outcome by twofold,” says M. Shazam Hussain, MD, head of Cleveland Clinic’s stroke program at the Cerebrovascular Center. “It could make the difference between someone surviving a stroke or not. Or being fully disabled or not.”

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015/06/stroke-know-these-4-lifesaving-tips-because-every-second-counts/

“For every minute that passes, a stroke patient can lose about 2 million neurons,” Dr. Khawaja says. “So the sooner we can treat stroke, the more brain we can save, which can reduce the chances of being left with a permanent disability.”

http://portals.clevelandclinic.org/SpecialtiesServices/EmergencyDepartment/tabid/3324/Default.aspx

In an emergency situation, every second counts. Each year, nearly 34,000 people from Cleveland’s West Side visit the Emergency Room at Lakewood Hospital, receiving the expert care and treatment they’ve depended on since 1907.

marklingm

Postby marklingm » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:57 am

What happened to the video that City Hall does not want us to see?

It keeps getting deleted.

Censorship at City Hall?

For now, it can be viewed at the "Save Lakewood Hospital Official Facebook Page" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/430789747098494/.

Hurry!

Censors might attack again.

Lori Allen _

Postby Lori Allen _ » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 pm

I heard through a friend that a new video came out on Vimeo and Facebook with Lakewood firefighters speaking about the hospital closure. Does anyone know if this is a new video or an old one that has resurfaced?

Thanks.

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 pm

I saw it the other day, but can't find it now. I'm pretty sure it was the old one.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)
T Peppard

Postby T Peppard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Leo Wetula wrote:Here it is.
Those firemen are certainly our heroes... chivalry is alive and well. Lakewood has always been strong with our safety forces. Voting against issue 64 will ensure that it remains that way.

Thank you for reposting the video, Leo. I could not get any of the other links to work. This was perfect and I will pass it along.

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”