New Records: Summers Ringleader in "Grandest" City Corruption Scandal Ever

The jumping off discussion area for the rest of the Deck. All things Lakewood.
Please check out our other sections. As we refile many discussions from the past into
their proper sections please check them out and offer suggestions.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Brian Essi

New Records: Summers Ringleader in "Grandest" City Corruption Scandal Ever

Postby Brian Essi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 am

Foran Accuses Patterson Favre of Falsehoods.pdf
(57.86 KiB) Downloaded 321 times

Favre Response to Foran 1.24.2015.pdf
(68.61 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

School Board Minute 2.18.2014.pdf
(335.04 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

Attached are public records obtained just last week, which coupled with other public records expose what a 37 year law enforcement and elected official, Ed Favre referred to as the "Grandest of All" "City corruption scandals." The timeline below shows that Summers orchestrated a series of backroom dealing and likely bid rigging at LHA that may violate the Clayton Act and Ohio law in an effort to divert public charitable money from LHA to his secret plans.

2010. Long-time school board member Linda Beebe proposed that the Grant Elementary property might better serve the community as a recreation center while explaining her 2010 vote to remove it from the master facilities plan.

2013: Then President of City Council, Brian Powers attempted to work with the President (Ed Favre) and Vice President of the School Board (Linda Beebe) in hopes of putting together a jointly-managed and separately funded approach to recreation that would have been financed with tax increases proposed by Mayor Summers. Favre was against the tax increase--Beebe would not speak with me despite repeated requests back in July. What is she hiding? Is she protecting Summers?

2013 LHA Trustees’ on the Select Committee (including Summers, Madigan and Bullock) formulated plans for a new foundation and “Potential development of additional health and wellness facilities” i.e. recreation center as part of a plan to demolish the hospital.

August 29, 2013, Long-time friend of Mayor Summers, Jay Foran, meets with School Superintendent Jeff Patterson and Favre to propose a dome (like CSU’s) over athletic fields across from Lakewood High School. He mentions the Cleveland Clinic as one of several potential “underwriters” of the project, i.e. funding by foundation money. Note: Mr. Foran is a Lakewood Hospital Foundation (LHF) trustee and his wife, Lynn Foran is employed by the Lakewood City Schools and serves as Summers’ mayoral campaign chairperson.

October 9, 2013 Summers’ secret “Select Committee” narrowed “strategic options” down to only three options. Family Health Campus tops the list and includes “discontinuing inpatient services…taking down the current hospital” and “Potential development of additional health and wellness facilities” i.e. the Community Recreation Center and “other attractive economic development elements.”

December 13, 2013: Mayor Summers and President Madigan supported the Council President Powers’ proposal for “The Lakewood Recreation Task Force" to discuss “forming a new Recreation Department as a joint venture between the City and School District.” Again, tax increases would finance this expansion.

February 18, 2014: Mayor Summers and Dru Siley attended a Lakewood Board of Education meeting and requested their discussions to be held in executive session i.e. secretly--that request was denied. The Mayor then discussed the possibility of a recreation center being built on the Lakewood Hospital site, an additional park property, and a property tax increase. This meeting is documented in the minutes of the Board of Education. Here are the minutes:
School Board Minute 2.18.2014.pdf
(335.04 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

April 21, 2014: The Cleveland Clinic in collaboration with Summers issued a secret written plan to demolish Lakewood Hospital. The plan also included a Community Center to be funded through “residual resources of LHA and LHF” i.e. new foundation money. Mayor Summers, Council President Madigan and Councilman Bullock were involved in forming “the City of Lakewood’s stated goals to improve the health status of the Lakewood community” by tearing down the hospital.

April 30, 2014: Mayor Summers appoints Jay Foran to Recreation Task Force.

May 15, 2014: The Clinic’s April 21st collaboration with City Leaders is further documented and contains the following details:
1. A drawing of Community Center with pool/gym/fitness.
2. Affiliate Partners contemplated in the recreation center include--Lakewood City Schools; and Lakewood City Recreation Department.

January 14, 2015. Summers announces the Letter of Intent that includes his plan to close Lakewood Hospital and creation a new foundation.

January 24, 2015 Foran accuses Superintendent Patterson and BOE member Ed Favre of “Propagating Falsehoods” about the new foundation money and Foran’s August 2013 idea for a dome over athletic fields. Foran is outraged that public officials would make hi dome idea public even though he presented his idea in a public building, with public officials, for a public project on public property.

January 25, 2015, Favre responds to Foran’s accusations by outlining much of the timeline above concerning Summers’ requests for tax increases associated with the proposed recreation center at the hospital site. Favre, a former Lakewood policeman and detective for 37 years refers to “something going on behind the scenes” that was confirmed by the hospital closure announcement and his having been witness to another “City corruption scandal” but the lack of transparency and corruption on hospital debacle was “the grandest of them all.”

February 3, 2015 Mayor Summers attends an Active Living and Recreation Task Force meeting and referred to the proposed new foundation money and said “we need to start thinking about the best way to using this funding” Summers showed the task force members a map of the Lakewood Hospital site with the proposed CCF Family Health Center and a big chunk of green space. So while the loss of the hospital is a pending calamity on City finances and a healthcare crisis for the underserved and many others in our community, Summers is eager to start spending hospital money on a "BIG DREAM" involving recreation. To top that off he wants to use the Jacobs money he has squirreled away in the "Land Acquisition Fund" on recreation. And this guy calls himself a Democrat?

June 1, 2015, Beebe, Einhouse and Shaughnessy all sign a letter to City Council signing on to the Summers plan to demolish the hospital

June, 2015. Build Lakewood is formed with Beebe as a founding member.

On June 15, 2015, Mr. Foran told City Council and the public in a recorded statement: “I know there is a rumor out there about a recreation center or something like that and I just would say to that we talked about that at the outset of our effort long before a mention of a Lakewood Hospital” Note: the proposal to demolish the hospital and build a Recreation Center predated the creation of the Recreation Task Force. Councilman Nowlin asked Foran about the City taking over recreation Mr. Foran answered: “Within our committee, at the outset there was some discussion about that, but it was only because there was a rumor again floating that was the intention from the formation our organization. Again, the Recreation Task Force was first proposed in December, 2013 and supported by Mayor Summers and Ms. Madigan to discuss “forming a new Recreation Department as a joint venture between the City and School District” and associated tax increase.
October 26, 2015 Einhouse authors an article about himself that is published in a fake newspaper designed to promote Summers, LHA Trustees, CCF and the closing of Lakewood Hospital.

Council and the public while attempting to obtain a decision from us to approve to tear down Lakewood Hospital using hospital money and create a new foundation with hospital money. Information concealed and suppressed relates how they planned to divert, control and use the It is now clear that Mayor Summers has intentionally concealed material information from City hospital money and land to build a Community Recreation Center and increase taxes.

Here are the legal definitions of Fraud and Fraudulent Inducement

Fraud: An intentional perversion of the truth for the purpose of inducing another in reliance upon it to part with some valuable thing belonging to him or surrender a legal right. A false representation of a material fact by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives and is intended to deceive another so that he shall act upon it to his legal injury. The employment of artifice planned to prevent inquiry or escape investigation and to mislead or hinder the acquisition of information. Black’s Law Dictionary.

Fraudulent Inducement: The hiding or suppression of a material fact or circumstance which the party is legally or morally bound to disclose. Black’s Law Dictionary.

Conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

So now it seems clear that there has been a longstanding and ongoing fraudulent conspiracy with Summers as the ringleader perpetrated on various members of City Council and the citizens of Lakewood.

Can we afford four more years of this corruption and scandal destroying our City, the Hospital and other institutions?

David Anderson has no legitimate answers
m buckley

Re: New Records: Summers Ringleader in "Grandest" City Corruption Scandal Ever

Postby m buckley » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks Brian for the information.

" City Council is a 7-member communications army." Colin McEwen December 10, 2015.
Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:12 am

hmmm....so we could trade our hospital and its 1,000+ jobs for the "Foran Dome"?

Personally, I'd like to keep the hospital and put some basketball hoops on the North Lot after the trailers are gone.

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Todd Heckler Corey Rossen and Patrick Wadden are silent when faced with facts they can't deal with.

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Brian Essi wrote:Todd Heckler Corey Rossen and Patrick Wadden are silent when faced with facts they can't deal with.

Ha!

Hey "Kellen Winslow" Essi, I love when you act tough.

You put me in my place. You got me.

So you don't respond to my posts for days yet I miss your for an hour and you are somehow tough. Keep 'me comin'!

Corey

Corey Rossen

"I have neither aligned myself with SLH, nor BL." ~ Jim O'Bryan

"I am not neutral." ~Jim O'Bryan

"I am not here to stir up anything." ~Jim O'Bryan
todd heckeler

Postby todd heckeler » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Brian Essi wrote:Todd Heckler Corey Rossen and Patrick Wadden are silent when faced with facts they can't deal with.

This guy Todd Heckler I'd love to meet sometime he almost has my name.

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:53 pm

todd heckeler wrote:

This guy Todd Heckler I'd love to meet sometime he almost has my name.

Be careful. "Winslow" Essi might type something witty about you, or worse, give you an evil glare from across the keyboard.

Corey

Corey Rossen

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Name calling.

No Substantive response.

You no facts.

Team Summers/BL by definition.

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Brian Essi wrote:Name calling.

No Substantive response.

You no facts.

Team Summers/BL by definition.

Me no facts.

Me call names.

You funny.

Me think Skindell better person than have to deal with you. Me like Skindell. You never ask me.

Come on, Brian, I hope you are better than this.

Corey

Corey Rossen

Brian Essi

Postby Brian Essi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:41 am

what is calling me Kellen Winslow if not name calling.

What if I called you Benadict Arnold?

Glad you say you're voting Skindell.

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 am

Can someone please explain the "Kellen Winslow" reference?

Is he saying that Brian used to play for the Chargers?
If it's a joke about crashing a motorcycle, then the term should be "K2", Kellen Winslow's son.

One does not use the name "Frank Sinatra" when referring to "Frank Jr."

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 am

Brian Essi wrote:what is calling me Kellen Winslow if not name calling.

What if I called you Benadict Arnold?

Glad you say you're voting Skindell.

You can call me names, I've come to expect that from you.

Nothing in my posts, on any thread, is an indicator of how I will vote. If something reads one way or another, it is not meant to. I just find some individuals absurd and ridiculous on the Deck and so they get my attention.

You, for instance- I admire your research efforts (and wonder where you find the time) but think you are failing miserably at the Public Relations side of getting your point across. This also means that I think you are failing at the Sales and Marketing of your stance. You can scream stats at people all you want but if you turn them off to your pitch then you are doing a terrible job of conveying, and persuading, your message. This makes you a disservice to your organization and a bad mouthpiece for the group you are representing. To feel young again, I will end it with IMO.

Tangent alert -

Summers has done wonders for me and the children in the community to help in the fight against pediatric heart disease. He has been doing this with me for years now. I respect him very much for that.
Skindell (see photo below, or wherever it ends up) has done wonders for me and the community to help in the fight against pediatric heart disease. He helped sign a Bill with myself and representing organizations a couple of years ago that helps recognize pediatric heart disease upon birth. I respect him very much for that.
Skindell - office.jpg
Skindell - office.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 6243 times

I know them both. I like them both. I can only vote for one.

Think of me as you will, I am fine with that, but I do know a lot of people and have shaken a lot of hands in my time. I do make a stance and get involved, deeply, with everything I choose to become involved with. Just ask Jim - I know he hates my mouth but am pretty sure he respects my heart and passion.

Corey

Corey Rossen

Corey Rossen

Postby Corey Rossen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:44 am

Michael Deneen wrote:Can someone please explain the "Kellen Winslow" reference?

Is he saying that Brian used to play for the Chargers?
If it's a joke about crashing a motorcycle, then the term should be "K2", Kellen Winslow's son.

One does not use the name "Frank Sinatra" when referring to "Frank Jr."

Sorry, Jr.

He referred to me as a weak soldier, asserting himself as a strong one in another thread. Apparently his fight for the hospital equates him to be a soldier in a war. Jr. caught a lot of heat for that when he compared a college football game to going to war.

Sinatra reference predates me, sorry.

Corey

Corey Rossen

Michael Deneen

Postby Michael Deneen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:32 am

Corey Rossen wrote:He referred to me as a weak soldier, asserting himself as a strong one in another thread. Apparently his fight for the hospital equates him to be a soldier in a war. Jr. caught a lot of heat for that when he compared a college football game to going to war.

Oh, I forgot about that. K2's legacy will forever be crashing his motorcycle, not the "soldier" thing.
Besides, all football players and coaches use military verbage (check out George Carlin's classic comedy piece: Baseball vs. Football), so I never thought that was a big deal.

Corey Rossen wrote:Sinatra reference predates me, sorry.

I suggest you give Frank a listen. Good stuff for people of any age.
Let me try a new analogy....it might still be a little too old:

One does not use the name "Freddy Prinze" when referring to "Buffy's Husband"

Return to “Lakewood General Discussions”