Plastic

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Justine Cooper

Justine Cooper

Plastic

Postby Justine Cooper » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:44 am

So I know I have read a lot about the toxins in plastic when heated, but I just saw that the plastic on a frozen dinner can be toxic and I never thought about that. I usually never buy frozen food but stocked up on "healthy" frozen entrees for lunches at work and am shocked to realize these are toxic. If this is the case, why are they allowed to be sold? Also sippy cups for kids releasing toxins when washed in the dishwasher! I wish I had known! We wonder why Autism, ADHD, cancers, and other illnesses are on the rise and many likely causes are manmade and can be rectified. How sad that this is not a priority in our country.

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive" Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: Plastic

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Justine

Actually the UK leads the rest of the world in this. If it is plastic, it is not fit for food. Leaving
it in the sun, microwaving, or heating is even worse.

All plastics have petro-chemical products in them and all of them have some form of
carcinogens in them. The problem is most test below "acceptable" levels, so are approved.

Very bad to reheat in is plastic, Styrofoam, and clear plastics.

Clear plastics like water bottle are some of the worst. They all leech and the chemicals
used to make plastic clear are some of the most dangerous in the world. While they
remain "locked" in in the short run. 1-2 weeks, sooner than later they start to leech
the chemicals out of the bottle into the water.

Take an unopened clear bottle of water and poor it into a dark blue or red glass. And look
and the colored rainbows on the surface!

Our government is asleep at the switch on this.

Thanks for the heads up and note.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Lakewood Health & Wellness”