Hydrogenated Oil and Changing the Diets of Your Children

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Justine Cooper

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:06 am

Since the first Wellness article appears today, it is a great time to open the door to all discussions in this area! This is open to ALL suggestions people may have for buying and choosing healthier foods for the family.
This is also the forum for any to ask questions about hydrogenated oil. It really is horrid for us and our children, as bad I think as smoking!

If any have recipe requests or cooking ideas, please visit Chef Geoff's section as he is the master chef! This section is dedicated to wellness all around and will include a variety of subjects from energy healing, to herbs and vitamins, to Yoga, Meditation and Visualization, etc.

If there is any topic you have questions about, please post them! Traditional medicine is not enough for everyone and there are many methods, some FREE, to help you recover from any ailment, whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual. There is a road to a better, and more fulfilling life and I look forward to traveling it together, learning from different experiences that have helped others and encouraging each other to a healthier life all around!

Justine Cooper

Postby Justine Cooper » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 am

I have to say, since Nature's Bin is featured this issue, I just ate the SWEETEST starwberries (on sale for $1.99) and SWEETEST grapes and watermelon from there! I don't remember fruit tasting this fresh and being this affordable at this time of year! Trust me your kids will eat this over potato chips!

Mark Crnolatas

Postby Mark Crnolatas » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 pm

I've posted some rants and raves about transfats and hydrogenated oils in the past. Here is a good place to start, for the general public to become aware that they are just as, if not more problematic than smoking:
http://www.bantransfats.com/

This article covers just about all the bases regarding this.Again it's a good start.

Mark Allan Crnolatas

Mark Crnolatas

Postby Mark Crnolatas » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Regarding Wellness, has anyone had or now have experience with fibromyalgia? My mother has this, and traditional medicine isn't doing the job.
If anyone has any comments, please post them.

Return to “Lakewood Health & Wellness”