LEAF Harvest Festival

Please join the LEAF Community Group (Groups button) to post in this forum.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Slife

Does this event interest you?

I've been waiting for something just like this in Lakewood!
100%
I'm not sure...will McDonald's have a booth there?
No votes
Heck no! Go eat some twigs you freaks.
No votes

Total votes: 2
Chris Trapp

LEAF Harvest Festival

Postby Chris Trapp » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Join the Lakewood Earth and Food Community for the inaugural LEAF Harvest Festival this Thursday, October 18th from 5-8:30pm at the Lakewood Public Library on Detroit.

Come celebrate the harvest season with seasonal food and drink. We will have events for the young and young at heart. Live music will fill the air as children enjoy bobbing for apples, making popcorn balls, decorating pumpkins, and competing in a coloring contest and other games.

Everyone is encouraged to bake and bring their favorite pie to be entered in the pie baking contest. Pies will be judged based on taste, originality, crust, and appearance. Even if you don't bring a pie you can participate by tasting and judging the pies.

There will also be a canning demonstration, a showing of the locally-produced film 'The Real Low Calorie Diet' (trailer) by Brad Masi of The New Agrarian Center, and a display of children's artwork.

For more information you can contact us at info@leafcommunity.org.

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:13 pm

I can't say whether we're going to be able to stop by on Thursday but it isn't because we're not interested.

This sounds like fun and we hope to see everybody!

dl meckes

Postby dl meckes » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:33 pm

We did stop by and it was a lot of fun. Another nice event and the pie contest was delicious!

It was great to see so many people, particularly so many kids having fun.

We loved the cider and all the harvest products, but my favorite part was the art gallery that Michael Gill set up. There were a few pieces I especially enjoyed, but the one that spoke to me the most was a torn paper piece. Loving seeing the work of Lakewood's young artists.

Perfect night and a fun idea. Can't wait until next year!

Return to “LEAF (Lakewood Earth & Food Community)”