where oh where...

Please join the LEAF Community Group (Groups button) to post in this forum.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Slife

Lynn Rodemann

where oh where...

Postby Lynn Rodemann » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:35 am

is this where we should be posting for CSA and bulk buying?
Lynn

~~i belive in something but i dont know what it is.... its either the future or the end.... its every reason that i do or dont get out of bed
Jana Christian

Bulk Buying Meeting Notes

Postby Jana Christian » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Hope I'm in the right place and that everyone can find us here...
I will cut and paste these because I have yet to figure out how to attach a document or upload it anywhere else.
If someone has contacted me directly with an interest in this initiative, I will try and email them an attachment.

Again, I am desperately searching for a secretary for bulk buying meetings. This does not require a huge time commitment. I simply need someone to keep general notes of our discussion at meetings so that I can type up and distribute notes afterward. It is hard for me to facilitate meetings and write down all the ideas generated at the same time. This does not have to be just one person either - if someone simply volunteers to help at each meeting, that would be most helpful.
Ken Warren has agreed to handle the finances in the interim, but he has a lot of other responsibilities and I'd like others in this group to step up as well.

The complete notes follow...
Next meeting: Thursday, March 1 6pm, LPL Main Auditorium

Notes
Second Meeting re: Bulk Buying Club/Food Cooperative
Thursday, February 22, 2007

Attendees:

Total of 14

Discussion Summary:
The meeting opened with a brief overview of the first meeting including an explanation of why we chose not to buy into an established co-op.

Purpose/goal of group was presented and agreed upon:
“Create a network of individuals with whom to combine financial resources to obtain healthy food from local sources independent of business or outside agencies emphasizing community connections and making sustainable food choices.â€Â

Return to “LEAF (Lakewood Earth & Food Community)”